how to use Celsius

Started by Fruit loops, December 20, 2014, 02:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruit loops

Can somebody explain to me how to use Celsius, or at least convert it to Fahrenheit.
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

iame6162013

How to convert it?
use google trust me google's better than all of us.
Celsius is just the melting temperature 0°C to 100°C boiling temperature of water
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Halinder

ESC-->Options-->Left side of screen, should say Celsius--> Click, swap to Kelvin (hilariously easy to convert) or Fahrenheit.

Snownova

Quote from: Fruit loops on December 20, 2014, 02:06:54 PM
Can somebody explain to me how to use Celsius, or at least convert it to Fahrenheit.

First, find a brick wall.
Bash your head against it a few times. Repeat until you have eliminated all vestiges of that foul imperial system from your brain.
Attend an elementary school anywhere in the world except the USA, Liberia or Myanmar. (yes really, that is the company the foot and inch keeps)
Congratulations! You are now able to use a system of measurements based on absolute values based on physics that are all easily and beautifully interchangable.

1 liter of water is 0.1x0.1x0.1 meters and weighs 1000 gram. Any 8 year old child can do this, but half of American highschoolers probably can't do this in the imperial system without a calculator.

JonoRig

Or you can use Kelvin, where 0K is absolute zero (no subatomic particles can move) and 273K is boiling... other then that its identical to celcius; so doesnt really help i guess haha (you just convert by Kelvin - 273 = Celcius, or Celcius + 273 = Kelvin)

Fruit loops

Does anyone know like conversion site or something?

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Evelyn

Quote from: Snownova on December 21, 2014, 11:56:52 AM

Bash your head against it a few times. Repeat until you have eliminated all vestiges of that foul imperial system from your brain.
Attend an elementary school anywhere in the world except the USA, Liberia or Myanmar. (yes really, that is the company the foot and inch keeps)
Congratulations! You are now able to use a system of measurements based on absolute values based on physics that are all easily and beautifully interchangable.

1 liter of water is 0.1x0.1x0.1 meters and weighs 1000 gram. Any 8 year old child can do this, but half of American highschoolers probably can't do this in the imperial system without a calculator.

It's not like Europe created the system we currently use or anything, after all.

Oga88

Quote from: iame6162013 on December 20, 2014, 02:23:40 PM
Celsius is just the melting temperature 0�C to 100�C boiling temperature of water

What do you mean? i don't get it.........

Oga88

Quote from: JonoRig on December 22, 2014, 07:35:13 PM
Or you can use Kelvin, where 0K is absolute zero (no subatomic particles can move) and 273K is boiling... other then that its identical to celcius; so doesnt really help i guess haha (you just convert by Kelvin - 273 = Celcius, or Celcius + 273 = Kelvin)

thats not right at all. -273 C is 0 K. 0 C is 273 K. and boiling point of water is 384 K.

JonoRig

Oops, I meant 273 is freezing

Technically it's 273.15/6, but that's a fiddly number

Oga88

that is a good one :D :D :D

Quote from: Evelyn on December 23, 2014, 01:35:48 AM
It's not like Europe created the system we currently use or anything, after all.

well you don't need to invent a bicycle, just take it and use it.

Dr. Z

You won the thread Snownova.  :)
Prasie the Squirrel!

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Halinder on December 20, 2014, 04:09:23 PM
ESC-->Options-->Left side of screen, should say Celsius--> Click, swap to Kelvin (hilariously easy to convert) or Fahrenheit.

just to throw this back in there in case it was missed, since I believe this will help him with the issue.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Fruit loops

I feel so stupid xP

Where is ESC?