how to use Celsius

Started by Fruit loops, December 20, 2014, 02:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Fruit loops

I know the ESC button on the keyboard, but where is it on google?
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

Evelyn

You... you can't be serious? I hope this is just the most elaborate trolling I've seen on this site so far...

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Cimanyd

Quote from: Halinder on December 20, 2014, 04:09:23 PM
ESC-->Options-->Left side of screen, should say Celsius--> Click, swap to Kelvin (hilariously easy to convert) or Fahrenheit.

This is referring to RimWorld. It's how to change away from Celsius in-game.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Fruit loops

... i have already done that...

I want to learn how to use Celsius... ;-;

i already changed it inside rimworld i just want to know how to convert F to C in real life.

I guess i should have worded it better... lol.
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

Evelyn

To convert Fahrenheit to Celsius, take the number, subtract 32, multiply by 5, then divide by 9.

Do the inverse to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit. Water freezes at 0 celsius, and boils at 100 celsius (provided atmospheric pressure is equal to 1 atm)

a89a89

Snowpig

Quote from: Evelyn on December 24, 2014, 01:06:27 AM
To convert Fahrenheit to Celsius, take the number, subtract 32, multiply by 5, then divide by 9.

Do the inverse to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit. Water freezes at 0 celsius, and boils at 100 celsius (provided atmospheric pressure is equal to 1 atm)

"inverse" is meant here "in inversed order" as well: multiply by 9, divide by 5, add 32

Snownova

I have no idea what book this is from, but it's just too perfect

Coenmcj

Quote from: Snownova on January 14, 2015, 05:14:45 AM
I have no idea what book this is from, but it's just too perfect

Agreed, Also, apparently the book is "Wild Thing" by Josh Bazell (Praise the power of Google!)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Evul

Turn down the tone a bitt.

Celsius work simply like this:
At +21c the template of a room is quite nice. 21c is 69.8f
At -0c the water starts to freeze. -0c is 32f
At +100c water starts to boil and will devolve in to steam. 100c is 212f

So simply from 0c to 15c can be classed as cold weather. while 20 and up is warm
The freezer template is -0c and downwards. You will start to get ice when the template is at -0c

Evelyn

I don't know why this was bumped. The question was answered literally last year.

Evul