Chronicle of Sanctuary

Started by Xminor1, February 18, 2015, 05:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xminor1

This is my first fanfiction, so its probably going to be pretty bad. But it can only get better if i get feedback! I'm going to release a page a week, and hope for some good responses. I already have 10 pages. This story is based around a colony that I had a while ago. While staying true to the fanfiction guidelines, I have changed a few things. You'll just have to see what they are. Thanks for reading.

The Chronicle of Sanctuary

Fritz awoke to fire, metal, and screaming. Her passenger ship, the Kaylee, was ablaze in chaos. She quickly got out of her cryptosleep coffin, and ran for the escape pods. She got into one just as the ship depressurized, and tore itself apart.

�beep. beep. beep. beep.� Fritz awoke to the sound of the escape pod alarm, just as it unfolded itself into metal, food, medicine, and a weapon. She picked it up, and stared at it. It looked like an old bolt-action rifle, a Lee-Enfield. She slung it around her back, and looked around. She was in a forest. A large mountain range to the north, and a building to the south-west. But what caught her interest most was the two other people around her doing the same thing. They stared at each other for a long moment. �Hi, I�m Preston.� said a young girl. �What�s your name?� �Fritz.� she said. But then, the other person spoke up. �Who are you people? What happened? Why am I here?� �And you are?� Preston asked sarcastically. �Keuneke.� he replied. �Do you really not know what happened?� Fritz asked. �No.� he replied. And he left it at that. Preston picked up a pistol that had unfolded from her escape pod. �Now what?� she asked. �Well, I think we�d better start trying to survive here. I�d like to climb that mountain range and have a look around first, though�.

Fritz took out her binoculars, and did a slow, sweeping analysis of the landscape. The three survivors were on an island, in the middle of the ocean. She took careful note of the number of moons, color of the sun, distance from the sun, and other important information. All of a sudden, a shadow swept over her. A small raider ship, taking a survey of the landscape. One of the turrets on the bottom swiveled towards her, and let loose three gunshots. Fritz barely dodged them, then took a running leap off the cliff, scattered gunfire raining down after her.

�Keuneke! Get over here!� Fritz heard as she drifted back into consciousness. �Help me carry her! I can�t do it myself!� �Oooh. She looks bad.� A male voice this time. �Take her to the spots we designated for medical care.�  Fritz felt herself falling asleep again. She tried to stay awake, but the darkness pulled her under.

Fritz woke up in a room full of beds. Preston was there beside her. �Good morning.� she said. �What happened?� Fritz replied. �To you, or while you were out?� �While I was out.� �Well, we built a couple of rooms, a stockpile, this hospital room you find yourself in, and a prisoner room. We have the capability to make our own food, medicine, clothes, and weapons. We also rescued someone who fell from the Kaylee. You�ve been out for about 6 days.� A woman Fritz vaguely recognised walked into the room. �Fritz, meet Pearl.� �Hello.� Pearl said. �She fell out of the sky in an escape pod like ours. Unfortunately, her weapon and most of her food and medicine got burned up in the crash.� �Wheres Keuneke?� Fritz asked Preston. �In his room, researching.� �Researching what?� �How to get us out of here. Its all he has been talking about, since you got attacked by the raiders. What should we do now, Fritz?� �I suggest that we head to that strange building down south of where we are. Check it out, see whats up.� �Alright. I'm gonna take my gun too, just in case.'

�Wow. This place is big!� Fritz and Preston were standing in a massive ruin made of sandstone bricks. The place was crumbling, and one half of the wall had a massive hole in it. In the middle of the room, there were three pedestals, each with a silver coffin on top of it. They walked up to one of them, and found a window. They wiped some frost from the small window embedded in the coffin, and looked in. Preston said, �Its a person.� She said something else, but was interrupted by a startlingly loud beep. All at once, the coffins opened and the people inside of them sprung out, covered in slime. They all turned to look at the two women who had entered the ruin, who now had their weapons out. The newcomers looked at eachother, and then all pulled out weapons. One had what looked to be a sword, made of a light colored metal. The other two had Uzis. Preston rolled behind a coffin, while Fritz hid behind a pile of broken bricks. Light streamed out of a hole in the ceiling, blinding her. She heard Preston�s pistol fire, and started to shoot at the vague outlines. Preston cried out: she had been hit. However, Fritz had her own problems. The one with the sword was running towards her, screaming. She ducked lower, and grabbed the gun by the handle, wincing at the heat. As the man ran past, she swung the butt of the rifle, catching him in the gut. As he bent over, swearing, she flipped her gun and fired a shot through his head. Then, reloading quickly, she turned around to find that the two others had been killed. Preston was bent over, heaving up her lungs over the side of the coffin. Fritz, spattered with blood, sat down heavily and leaned against the pile of rocks, breathing hard.

�You did WHAT?� Keuneke asked incredulously. �I�ve already told you. We went on there, looked around, then these three guys jumped us. What else could we have done?� �You could have tried to talk to them, convince them to join. Did you even loot the place?� �Sorry, we didn't think to while they were SHOOTING at us. Hell, someone tried to attack Fritz with a sword!� Finally, Fritz spoke up. �I did happen to see that there was an armor vest on one of the shooters. Why don't we head back down there and loot it? We can probably take apart the coffins as well, they must be worth something. Maybe get us enough metals to set up a comm console and trade beacon.� �Good idea. See, Fritz knows what she is doing,� Keuneke said. Preston turned bright red, then stormed off. Fritz watched her go, then turned to Keuneke, who looked confused. �Why is she so mad? Was it something I said?� �Lets talk on the way there,� Fritz said.

Pearl frowned over the unfinished tailor table. For some reason, the main sewing machine was getting jammed repeatedly. She knocked on it, then slapped it. �Ow!� Rubbing her bruised hand, she took the case off. The needle feed was broken, from where she had jostled it earlier. Sighing, she got back to work. She wondered what Fritz and Keuneke were doing...

Kill All Humans!

I know that I exist... do you?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Xminor1

Great, quotation marks are apparently unsupported here. Pretend the question marks are quotations, please
Kill All Humans!

MyNameIsSpyder

Quote from: Xminor1 on February 18, 2015, 06:10:16 PM
Great, quotation marks are apparently unsupported here. Pretend the question marks are quotations, please
Try to use quotes. For example;
Quote from: PrestonGood morning.

StorymasterQ

The forums support "quotation marks", just not 'smart quotes'.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Xminor1

What is a smart quote, then? I am copying this off of a doc on Google Drive, could that be problematic?
Kill All Humans!