Engineers

Started by Halinder, December 20, 2014, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halinder

For a hundred and twelve days, a trio of centipedes have been squirming at the entrance to my base, unable to do anything but wait as their bodies force them to continue. Sure, it's nice having them as a marker for victory, but perhaps they could have a second chance.

For this I suggest an addition to the mechanoid forces that can heal centipedes just enough to bring them back from almost being shut down, perhaps healing a fourth of the damage that put them down. This would take quite some time, and the engineers would have to have severely debuffed health so one could stop the process, accompanied by decent speed and a lack of firepower. Alternatively, they could be given lots of health, be pretty huge in size, and have an energy lance/ram allowing them to damage structures and people they get too close to, while being slow to rescue their fallen comrades. If nothing but a distraction, I think it'd add a whole new dynamic to centipede raids.

migsidi

I think this sounds like a great idea :D
Maybe something like if you could get a good enough engineer out there yourself, you should be able to kind of reprogram them to be on your team or something like that?

Halinder

I meant more along the lines of the mechanoids having their own bulky-slow or softy-fast engineers to repair them on the field up to operational capacity if they were incapacitated, maybe even during battle.

If you just meant as an additional idea, then yes, it'd be neat if you could bring them to a machining table but reprogram them with the tools there to fight for you. Of course, there should be a chance that when a ship part lands, it can convert these mechanoid friends (similar to the psionic wave it uses to cause insanity in animals)

FridayBiology

Internal healing logistics?
> after "X" time, "+health" to all parts?
> after "x" time without movement from square, "+health" to all parts?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Ford_Prefect

I don't get why I have to force the colonists to finish off the centapeids in the first place.  I can understand them switching targets when they incapacitate one, but they should finish the centapeids off automatically when they finish off all the ones shooting at them.

Mikhail Reign

But then how would I pull the parts off them - which I assume will be added in the future I could easily see the minigun being a job to pull off instead of it just breaking off as a man usable weapon.