Cryptosleep Caskets - Practical usability?

Started by Ink., December 18, 2014, 05:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ink.

Once you open the caskets and get the goodies out. Are there any real reason to keep them/use them?

Dive

I guess you could temporarily reduce food consumption by putting some colonists into the caskets if you're low on food. Maybe you could even survive a winter without indoor-growing or storing food, just put all your colonists into caskets. Although I guess there is a chance your colony would have changed owners by the time you decide to wake up your colonists :) And they won't be glad to see you.
I don't know if it's possible to open a casket from inside, though.

christhekiller

I ususally deconstruct them for their precious uranium... Then I build a few in my hospital. It's pretty good as a back up incase you run out of medicine and you've got severe diseases/ infections

RimMan

Perhaps we should be able to store prisoners in them for when we don't have room or want to save them to increase relations with factions as needed or if your colonists die you can pull them out and recruit them.  This way you don't have to feed them or accumulate a ton of cabin fever debuff.

ZestyLemons

I put my Colonists who are in permanent comas into them. Gorilla and Holland both caught a stray bullet to the brain -- though they survived, I'm pretty sure they're never going to wake up :(

So I've immortalized them in a tome walled with solid plasteel in a mountain. Maybe one day they'll be found by someone who can help them.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

wooaa

If i get a lot of wounded at once I put some of the more seriously hurt into cryo sleep until I can treat them. Also some pawns that can do nothing but fight ( assassins and nobles) I put them to sleep until raiders show up to save on food.

Cimanyd

They're also good during psychic drones, for too smart or psychically hypersensitive people, or in worse circumstances, anyone with a negative morale-related trait or psychic sensitivity.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

SubZeroBricks

I find the use the Cryptosleep Caskets perfect for this colonist who has 16 shooting, 16 melee and 3 artistic.*

I just leave him asleep until i get attacked then get him up ready to go.

Note its good to get them to go to sleep with as much sleep and food as possible!

*(He is incapable of everything else :D)
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."