[Mod Request] Wood Heating

Started by Loki88, December 20, 2014, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

I'm wondering if there would be anyone interested in making a wood heat mod to heat w/o electricity, or the need to rebuild fires every two days. Fire places, wood stove, wood fired boiler, etc... (all would need wood to be hauled to an internal storage of some kind) I've been getting frustrated at losing all of my heating ability during a solar flare and having to build emergency fire pits  and such. I've extended the life span of fire pits to last longer but it feels waaay to cheaty which is why I'm hoping for a mod such as this. Alas my modding ability ends at scrolling through a bit of code and changing a 4 to an 8 to double fire pit lifespan...

This is my first time posting a mod request so if I've done something incorrectly please let me know so I can fix it.

I greatly appreciate any response even if just to let me know that this will be too much of a pain in the posterior to accomplish.

JuliaEllie

Loki88

The hobo stoves only heat when being used to cook :( I got really excited seeing that one too.

JuliaEllie

no it also heats when needed. It keeps the room at 18 degrees celsius which is enough for your colonists to not get hypothermia. Efficiency is the key ;)

Loki88

This might actually be a good idea for an expansion to the hobo stove mod. The hobo stove could be the base tech with a proper wood stove as an upgrade through research and then a wood fired boiler as the final stage of no power heating.

Or something like fire pit --50--> hobo stove --200--> wood stove --800--> boiler...

I just feel like vanilla heating needs to be fleshed out a bit more then just a temporary fire and an electric heater. The hobo stove is an awesome first step to that (minus my own derpness in getting it to work :p )