[0.0.254b] Chill Cassie Ramp-Up Bugged

Started by nja, November 08, 2013, 03:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nja

I was just playing a Chill Cassie game.  The first two raids consisted of one raider each, once with a pistol and once with some molotovs.  Manageable.  Then the third raid consisted of *ten* raiders, armed with a variety of weapons.  Now, mind you, my base isn't quite armed to the teeth.  Four colonists, four turrets, and some sandbags.  That's about it.  I haven't even researched carpets!  Seems to me like Cassie is ramping up even quicker than Cassandra!

FWIW, someone mentioned almost the exact problem in the comments for the Kickstarter Update notification of 254.

TEN raiders having just appeared and killed my poor miner

Haplo

I just had the same event with my first try with her.
I was thinking I could relax here a bit, so I built my base slowly..
No real defence, a small natural choke point, I didn't have a care in the world. (Except my constant growling stomaches :) )
Then.. For my first raid there wasn't even a turret running. One raider. Ok, no problem.
My second raid had one turret running. One raider, no problem. Nice and smooth. :)
Then for the third raid I had two turrets running and three raiders with pistols. And what did Chilly do? She threw ten raiders at my base. Armed only with pistols, but half of the group were assassins or pirates...
After a hard fight I finally lost my whole group of colonists. The last three were the hardest.
Two died slowly, outside in the rain. One even was on his way to rescue the other when a bullet hit him in the back.
The last one was killed in his bed. He was rescued a few moments before, but the raiders destroyed his bed and let him drown in his own blood on the floor.
And so ended my first encounter with Chilly..  :'(

I really think her name is wrong. It shouldn't be Chill(y) Cassie it should be Ice Cold Cassie...

Edit: I forgot: This was on Version 254b..

SteveAdamo

similar experience with Chill Cassie as well... first two waves were single raider events...

the third and fourth waves, however, brought five raiders, armed with uzis, frag grenades, shotguns and lee enfields... was still fun losing on that fourth wave though... :D