[MOD] (Alpha 8) Central Heating (includes vents)

Started by carlgraves, December 22, 2014, 04:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UA_Serpent

Quote from: Rathael on February 24, 2015, 04:45:58 PM
Any possibility of getting the vents turned into a stuff-able Wall with Vent? Right now they act kinda weird. They break floor texture connection because they need a floor underneath them. They also break the room.. err.. separation? For example, if you place a prison and your hospital next to each other and then place a vent on the shared wall the hospital beds all become prison beds.
1. They break floor texture connection because they need a floor underneath them. - fixed
Now they won't break floor.
2. They also break the room.. err.. separation - can't be fixed. It's game engine problem. Try to build room next to prison and connect them with door or Cooler. This objects destroy wall before construction :(

[attachment deleted due to age]
With love from Ukraine.

Creat

I have noticed an issue that meant I had to lay some extra power lines: The vents already contain a power line (even though they don't actually need power). This mean that when I wanted to place a heater next to a vent, but located 2+ tiles from the next (active) power line, they would connect to the unused wire in the vent. I had to place the heater somewhere else and lay more power lines to have them connect to the right one.

Could this be changed so that wire can be laid through a vent, but it doesn't come with one by default?

darkspire

this is not a bug - wire in vent needed to be able to place vent inside conduit wall without breaking power line in it

Vingolf

I'm not sure what's the problem. But i can't really keep my base warm enough during winter.
I've built 2 industrial heaters near my base in a small building, put some pipes down and inside the walls and connected "heat pumping devices" (most powerful one's). But they just can't keep the temperature high enough during winter (-20c outside). I set both industrial heaters to 200c, pipe nework shows me 15-20c (same temperature for the base).
Am i doing something wrong ?

Latta

Quote from: Vingolf on March 23, 2015, 08:16:36 AM

Hey, wrong topic. Pipe is here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.0 Thank you.
And can you upload a screenshot of your net with overlay enabled? I can't see any problem at all within small testing environment.

skellitor301

Quote from: Creat on March 06, 2015, 11:56:46 AM
I have noticed an issue that meant I had to lay some extra power lines: The vents already contain a power line (even though they don't actually need power). This mean that when I wanted to place a heater next to a vent, but located 2+ tiles from the next (active) power line, they would connect to the unused wire in the vent. I had to place the heater somewhere else and lay more power lines to have them connect to the right one.

Could this be changed so that wire can be laid through a vent, but it doesn't come with one by default?

There is a button if you select the heater called 'Reconnect' which is used to tell the heater to choose a different conduit to connect to

Vingolf

Quote from: Latta on March 23, 2015, 08:22:54 AM
Quote from: Vingolf on March 23, 2015, 08:16:36 AM

Hey, wrong topic. Pipe is here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.0 Thank you.
And can you upload a screenshot of your net with overlay enabled? I can't see any problem at all within small testing environment.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Latta

Vingolf, as I said, please go to the topic for RedistHeat instead. I've posted reply there.

Vingolf

Quote from: Latta on March 28, 2015, 07:41:00 AM
Vingolf, as I said, please go to the topic for RedistHeat instead. I've posted reply there.
But you also asked me for a screenshot.

Latta

No, I meant at proper topic, because this mod is not what you are using.