Most Social Forums I've Ever Visited

Started by OmG_PotatoeZ, December 22, 2014, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmG_PotatoeZ

Ludeon Forums have to be the most social forum page I have ever visited. People having mature conversations instead of just a bunch of hate! Not once have I seen a negative post or reply within so everyone in the forums give yourself a pat on the back!

Fruit loops

This is my first forum i have ever visited even, but hell am i glad i stumbled upon this one first  ;)
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

PhenomTaker

Yes, it's very sad that this is so rare...

Tynan

Yes, I'm very glad players have turned out nice. I've seen some horror stories. So happy they're not happening here.

I think it has something to do with the kind of game it is. It's kind of a cerebral game, and not driven by aggressive domination of others, so I think it attracts people who are a notch more thoughtful and considered than some other games.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

pdxsean

I think a good part of it is the size as well. This is a small forum, people are nice. Troll don't have time to bother with it.

Not to mention, we're all here because we bought the game right? It's not like some public forum with people just jumping in. We all already have things in common - love of strategy and resource management for example, which sets us aside from the mainstream anyway. 

It helps that this game is really solid and the developer is directly involved with the community. It's hard to feel like Tynan is ignoring us when he's right in the threads like one of us.

Tumuel

The KSP forums are pretty good too (Kerbal space program being a game that involves being a bit more intelligent than most other games demand I suppose it only makes sense).

Oga88

Quote from: Tumuel on December 23, 2014, 04:20:48 AM
The KSP forums are pretty good too (Kerbal space program being a game that involves being a bit more intelligent than most other games demand I suppose it only makes sense).

love that game and i agree some people just need games like "push button "A" to kill". I am also glad that there is a nice forum here :) been playing Rimworld from A4 and started using this forum only now.

Shinzy

keylocke

lol @ shinzy.

you forgot to add ponies!!  :P

postm00v

The Paradox forums were nice aswell, before CK2 became a mass hit.

Ironvos

Maybe it's because Rimworld players already get enough out of tormenting their colonists that they don't need to torment people on the forums.

iame6162013

Quote from: Ironvos on December 23, 2014, 12:28:08 PM
Maybe it's because Rimworld players already get enough out of tormenting their colonists that they don't need to torment people on the forums.
http://i.imgur.com/e3W1aLL.gif
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

StorymasterQ

I love the game (and the forums) for reasons stated in my signature :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

OmG_PotatoeZ

Col_Jessep

Quote from: Tynan on December 23, 2014, 12:49:34 AMI think it has something to do with the kind of game it is. It's kind of a cerebral game, and not driven by aggressive domination of others, so I think it attracts people who are a notch more thoughtful and considered than some other games.
If you really want to experience an entirely new level of pain you make a very competitive team-based shooter with DotA elements on Xbox and PC. Then you announce that the expansion is only released as F2P on PC. The resulting shitstorm dwarfs hurricanes, believe you me.  :D

Planetary Annihilation Imminent