[MOD][A8]Deep Strike - For the Emprah - WH40k - Mechanoid Squads! (23.12.2014)

Started by JuliaEllie, December 23, 2014, 05:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrashMan

Gosh...the problem with the terminator is apparent.
Maybe make the helmet a part of the armor.
You should barely see it in a side-view.

That said, I made the assault cannon (uses explosive bolts from Project Armory. Deadly does not even begin to describe it)

Once I make a few more weapons I'll give it to you.

kokuto

I would like to ask, why is it that its not possible to strip the astartes power armour from dead Astartes? Or get the weapons they may be carrying?

They also seem to strangely hang around for a long time... and eat my food.

TrashMan

Probably because OP.
Normal astartes armor and you're already like a tank.

Terminator armor and you laugh at rockets and titans stepping on you.

john pretzel

Quote from: kokuto on December 24, 2014, 09:46:06 AM

Everyone complains about sharing food lol it's all over the forum  ;D

And to JuliaEllie - precisely. I think if you thinker with the layers you can get a better characterization of the marines  :D

hesoyam

kokuto

The Astartes armour ain't as OP as you would think. I let some of them face Orks and they got killed when enough were shooting at them. Plus, for some reason Ork bullets like to hit them in the head and destroy their brains... oh well.

In part being able to remove Astartes armour would make sense, so another Astartes might be able to use it, later. Someday, maybe it will all be craftable.

john pretzel

kokuto

After prolonged observation, I think that this mod (in my game) has malfunctioned in a sense. The steel rain beacon calls down the droids but no Astartes ever appear. The droids have appeared around 10 times now. Still no Astartes. I wonder if there is an issue somewhere.

JuliaEllie

Ok I hope I can catch all questions:

Quote from: kokuto on December 24, 2014, 09:46:06 AM
I would like to ask, why is it that its not possible to strip the astartes power armour from dead Astartes? Or get the weapons they may be carrying?

Yeah the Astartes Armour and weapons are OP at the moment and beeing able to pick them up would mean instant free god like gear. So I made everything destroy on drop.
Yes they stay as long as there are living Mechanoids on the map - incapped count as living.

Quote from: hesoyam on December 24, 2014, 04:45:29 PM
Love the mod but I always dread who may answer my beacon

Yeah in the grim darkness of the far future there is no encryption also Mechanoids are attracted to all kinds of signals.  Nice Angry Marines texture ;)

Quote from: kokuto on December 25, 2014, 12:58:25 AM
After prolonged observation, I think that this mod (in my game) has malfunctioned in a sense. The steel rain beacon calls down the droids but no Astartes ever appear. The droids have appeared around 10 times now. Still no Astartes. I wonder if there is an issue somewhere.

Are you sure you use the Steel Rain Beacon and not the Bait Beacon? The first blinks green and the other blinks red.
Also there is a chance for a Mechanoid answer/reinforcement when Space Marines drop.

The probabilities are:

Steel Rain Beacon - 0,1% base chance for a Mechanoid Squad and 10% for a Mechanoid Squad on a Space Marine Deep Strike.
Bait Beacon - 10% base chance for a Mechanoid Squad and another 10% for a second Mechanoid Squad

kokuto

It is indeed the right type of beacon.

The weird thing is it worked in my previous test game which suddenly black screened after I loaded back in all of a sudden (yesterday). Today the there are no marines but all the droids I can ever want.

Here's a screenshot I just made of one of the beacons, definitely looking green to me. http://i.imgur.com/c1qSbJ9.jpg I'm just afraid I caused some sort of incompatibility or something somewhere.

I'm not sure if its related but before this, I was testing the developer mode to see if I could spawn the Astartes teams. Somehow, I could not. A weird debug message appeared instead.

So now the weird problem for my colony is I cannot destroy those beacons somehow and the damned droids keep dropping around it... since I put it near the entrances. Infinite metal and plasteel, sorta!

JuliaEllie

Ooooh le wild debug message!! The mod adds the Astartes Faction which means you have to start a new world.

Halinder

If anything, I must thank you for dev mode 'drop small army' -- a hilarious way to say "nope, not today" to any otherwise self-respecting ork squads. Screw those guys.

Also, "IAmTheOneWhoMods!!"

hesoyam

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 25, 2014, 02:37:57 AM
Nice Angry Marines texture ;)
It makes sense when you think about it. What other chapter would drop marines that lack arms and legs and what other marines crippled as such would procede to clean up xenos AND the local pantry?

But your artist inspired me to raid google for sprites to butcher for my copy so cheers.

kokuto

The weird part, JuliaEllie is I did specifically start a new world. Well, I'll try it again. 3rd time! Let's see if I die horribly.

My suspicion now if it does add an astartes faction, its not possible to run it with the Imperial Guard mod which has the ork faction. But that wouldn't explain why it worked for me the 1st time since... the orks were there too.

Ah damn it! Must be too many mods being run. Some error somewhere!! I shall solve it!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Halinder on December 25, 2014, 03:21:32 AM
If anything, I must thank you for dev mode 'drop small army' -- a hilarious way to say "nope, not today" to any otherwise self-respecting ork squads. Screw those guys.

Also, "IAmTheOneWhoMods!!"

hehe yeah the small army is the first part of the army builder system. Nice that you noticed my little Backstory Database hack ;) I should sell mods to add your own backstories :D

Quote from: kokuto on December 25, 2014, 03:48:39 AM
The weird part, JuliaEllie is I did specifically start a new world. Well, I'll try it again. 3rd time! Let's see if I die horribly.

My suspicion now if it does add an astartes faction, its not possible to run it with the Imperial Guard mod which has the ork faction. But that wouldn't explain why it worked for me the 1st time since... the orks were there too.

Ah damn it! Must be too many mods being run. Some error somewhere!! I shall solve it!

Hmm thats weird. Maybe the imperial guard mod changes a few files that clash with Deep Strike.