[MOD][A8]Deep Strike - For the Emprah - WH40k - Mechanoid Squads! (23.12.2014)

Started by JuliaEllie, December 23, 2014, 05:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

A lonely beacon..

INCOMING!

Salamanders Tactical Flamer Squad!

The other chapters came in too - they cant let the Salamanders take all the credit!!

SURPRISE!! Maddafakka!

Geetings loyal citizen of the Imperium,

this mod adds the Space Marines (for now) featuring 6 loyal chapters of the First Founding.  You can build a distress beacon or "Steel Rain Beacon" to call the Space Marines in case of a Mechanoid attack. The beacon has a radius of 25 cells and will detect Mechanoids within this radius. The Space Marines are not your allies but they hunt the Xenos on every planet.

The mod features a lot of different weapons, marines, chapters and squad types. At the moment the deployment is random but Im planing to make a point system work - similar to the original one. This is more or less a work in progress and I want to add way more content over time.

You can also spawn the Space Marine and MECHANOID! squads manually with the spawner objects I made for debugging - you can access them via the "Try Place Thing" tool in the developer menu.

I just added the Bait Beacon which can lure Mechanoids on your planet. Handle with care! Also the Steel Rain Beacons have a small chance to attract Mechanoids as well.

DOWNLOAD ME

Armour Textures by TrashMan - Thanks a lot :)

The mod adds the Astartes Faction which means you have to start a new world.

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

TrashMan

aaand I see the obvious problem.
The helmet is displayed on a layer above the body, clipping over he shoulderpads.
This is going to be a problem - especially for a terminator.

also, the helmet seems to be a bit off-center. That will need fixing.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: TrashMan on December 23, 2014, 05:48:09 AM
aaand I see the obvious problem.
The helmet is displayed on a layer above the body, clipping over he shoulderpads.
This is going to be a problem - especially for a terminator.

also, the helmet seems to be a bit off-center. That will need fixing.

Yes youre right. I need to change that - either I put the helmet on a lower layer or cut out the graphic a bit. I had to resize the helmets a bit because they were too large I messed up with those. Also I need to make a mask texture for all the details like the eyes, aquila, rim coloring, etc

caesius

nice, finally warhammer40k mod!

why dont you re-start bloodpact mod with this mod?

chaos vs spacemarine...what a great!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: caesius on December 23, 2014, 11:11:42 AM
nice, finally warhammer40k mod!

why dont you re-start bloodpact mod with this mod?

chaos vs spacemarine...what a great!

When the space marines are done Ill go on with Chaos I promise :)

Ded1

Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

JonoRig

Im all for the Tau; but with the current mechanoid enemies in RW; necrons could be interesting i think

JuliaEllie

Ded1

I figured with a mechanoid faction already in the game the necrons were a given
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

john pretzel

Very nice textures! But don't you agree that they are either too colored? (too blue, too green..)

Here's some color variations:

What do you guys think? Shoulders and helmet with some different tone  :)

kokuto

A small suggestion, although I've yet to test the mod. If your space marines are compatible with the cybernetics storm mod. One can make iron hands marines!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: john pretzel on December 23, 2014, 07:57:34 PM
Very nice textures! But don't you agree that they are either too colored? (too blue, too green..)

Here's some color variations:

[snip]

What do you guys think? Shoulders and helmet with some different tone  :)

This "color variation" is the Legion of the Damned and the Adeptus Astartes arnt even sure if they exist. In some rare occassions when the Space Marines are on the edge of losing they might appear from nowhere and turn the table in favour of their brothers. Most members of the Adeptus Astartes are sure they are only a halucination of a deep sitting war trauma of the Horus Heressy others say that they are one of the lost chapters which try to regain the favour of the God Emperor.

They definately not from the First Founding - for now I only use a few loyal chapters from the First Founding.

john pretzel

Ok...  :) I wasn't commenting the lore, just the excess of one color in each case. The spacemarine drawing is fine.

Funny they breathe and die for the emperor that was never actually seen in the pc games (I speak of the rts kind) and everything soldiers did in the battlefield was always about him, like..

Soldier ties his shoe - *for the emperor! lol those cues, I heard them so many times...  ::)

JuliaEllie

Quote from: john pretzel on December 24, 2014, 01:48:54 AM
Ok...  :) I wasn't commenting the lore, just the excess of one color in each case. The spacemarine drawing is fine.

Funny they breathe and die for the emperor that was never actually seen in the pc games (I speak of the rts kind) and everything soldiers did in the battlefield was always about him, like..

Soldier ties his shoe - *for the emperor! lol those cues, I heard them so many times...  ::)

Ah now I fully understand what you mean. The problem is that you can only color the whole texture and not only parts of it. Im working on a way to use multi layer tetures to allow more colorful variations :)