like stuffs that aren't really stuffs but are more.. thingy

-> Muffalo hat is made of muffalo corpse
    <costList>
      <Muffalo_Corpse>1</Muffalo_Corpse>
    </costList>
like so
but ingame the Bill shoves it's finger in my eye in objection and tells me
muffalo_corpses ain't stuff so it defaults crafted thing to steel

Can I get the recipe maker thing to not expect the thing to be made out of stuff
so that it doesn't have to default the thing to have stuff in it?

or would I have to make a recipe for it the old fashioned way?
This make any sense? yes? no? eh :-[

iame6162013

doesn't it need <li> </li> tags?
(i'm not sure, haven't looked at that in a while)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Shinzy

Oh no the recipe works fine up until when the pawn starts to make it

Edit: Oh maybe I should change the unfinishedThingDef to something else than the unfinishedApparel thing? where do I find the unfinished thing defs? =P

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Shinzy

Quote from: iame6162013 on December 23, 2014, 12:50:05 PM
Ah, ok sorry

Nuuu! don't you be sorry for trying! =P
have a mug

Edit: Oh! yeah =P Removing the Unifinshed apparel def thing entirely worked like a charm ;D
*Feels a bit silly*

ItchyFlea

You have to avoid letting the recipe use the unfinished thing part of the new recipe system. So basically remove this line for the file that contains the Muffalo hat recipe and you should be fine: <unfinishedThingDef>UnfinishedApparel</unfinishedThingDef>

This also means that you won't be able to have the recipe take too long, otherwise it'll just never get completed.

EDIT: And you solved it while I was typing the above. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 23, 2014, 02:44:02 PM
You have to avoid letting the recipe use the unfinished thing part of the new recipe system. So basically remove this line for the file that contains the Muffalo hat recipe and you should be fine: <unfinishedThingDef>UnfinishedApparel</unfinishedThingDef>

This also means that you won't be able to have the recipe take too long, otherwise it'll just never get completed.

EDIT: And you solved it while I was typing the above. :)

I did! thanks though! Oh! also thanks to you for very good example on what was the defname thingie of animal corpses =P looked them up from your neolithic mod
cause I couldn't find them from the core 'mod' anywhere ;D

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Shinzy on December 23, 2014, 02:49:25 PM
They aren't in the core mod. They are one of many things that the game generates the defnames for itself.
One way of figuring out a defname is by getting the game to have said item in the world somewhere (Meat for example) then opening up the saved game with a text editor and finding it listed in there. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 23, 2014, 03:11:55 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on December 23, 2014, 02:49:25 PM
They aren't in the core mod. They are one of many things that the game generates the defnames for itself.
One way of figuring out a defname is by getting the game to have said item in the world somewhere (Meat for example) then opening up the saved game with a text editor and finding it listed in there. :)

Oh! thanks! should come in handy if I need any specific leather for something
Muffalo meat helmet Mmm ::)
(and no wonder I didn't find the thing from the core) *feels doubly silly now*

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Shinzy

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 23, 2014, 08:23:41 PM
Oh God don't mention meat helmets in the UK.

Oh I'm sorry! how inconsiderate of me!
Meathelmet. meat helmet, meathelmeeet! meathelmet