Growing question

Started by kasimirtlw, December 24, 2014, 03:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasimirtlw

I wanted to clear something up
In the beginning I grow my  patatoes outside but after a while I wall them in with a roof on top. I put a sun light in and a heater. Will my crop keep growing even if it freezes outside but inside where they(the plants)  are its  21 degreese above freezing? Can i extend the growth period this way ?

nuschler22

You need to put a heater inside.  Depending on how big the room is, you may need the small heater or the industrial heater.  I think there is a mod for the heaters.

Drahkon

Greenhouses work, just keep the temp high enough, I recommend a bit above ideal so when the power goes out for a short time it stays warm enough till it comes back on. Also, airlock for the door.

milon

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 24, 2014, 04:05:51 AM
You need to put a heater inside.  Depending on how big the room is, you may need the small heater or the industrial heater.  I think there is a mod for the heaters.

Or just use multiple vanilla heaters. I've got a large indoor room with 3 sun lamp sized grow zones, and even with 3 steel auto doors it takes 10 heaters to get it to 21.C when it's -70.C out.  (IceSheet mod!)

SubZeroBricks

Are industrial heaters part of a mod?
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

Arigas

Quote from: SubZeroBricks on December 24, 2014, 06:57:50 PM

Are industrial heaters part of a mod?
Yup they are.

Halinder

The mod for industrial heaters and vents can be found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8476.0