[MOD](Alpha 9) Lightsaber

Started by ehh713, December 31, 2014, 03:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

why don';t these block like spoons lightsabers did?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

ehh713

-torqas: I guess I have had different experiences with mechanoids, seems like I am able to take out a few with a lightsaber before they get me if I try to take them one on one. WOW 100k SILVER though... thats pretty awesome.

-Dragoon: because apparel and weapons are given different statdefs, and I cannot assign the lightsaber as both a weapon and an armor. Though, you gave me an idea... perhaps I can add the apparel statdefs into the weapon statdefs and make a new category for deflection from the lightsaber. I will see what I can do, but this is currently my biggest issue with adapting to A8 from the version in sooners pack.

Dragoon

oh that's why Thank you for alerting me.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

torqas

well yes, single mechs can easily be dispatched with lightsabers, especially if the pawn has some additional speed-increases (jogger, bionic legs etc.) to not take too much damage from the miniguns.
problem is they tend to attack in large groups and bunch up together, so getting them alone is pretty impossible^^
also if you want to use lightsabers you pretty much have to give them to everyone, combining lightsabers with other pawns using guns leads to alot of friendly fire for the melee troops