[WIP] Star Wars

Started by RoboticManiac, December 25, 2014, 11:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoboticManiac

Allow me to start off by saying that I have absolutely no idea as to what I'm doing. This is the first 'Mod' I've ever intended to make for a game- The situation is made all the more FUN by me not having the slightest clue as to how the modding system in Rimworld works.

With that said, there isn't much progress to show here and now. I've literally only got a single new weapon added, which can't be found in natural game play just to pretend I'm not randomly pressing buttons.

So now permit me to present a quick vision of the future;

At the moment, there are 4 factions I plan, them being;

The Empire-

• Relying on masses of soldiers with inaccurate weapons that hit hard (Think of the current tribals).
The Rebels-

• Depend mainly on more accurate troops than the Empire, with the possibility of some kind movement speed buff. Operate with a normal-few amount of soldiers.
The CIS-

• Representing the remnants of the old Clone Wars, they've managed to largely go about their business undetected by the Rebel Alliance and Empire. Comparatively speaking, they use billions of robots which do little damage and are wildly inaccurate. If possible, I'd like to have them not use cover. May or may not add some beefier units like the Droideka, to force some focused fire against an exceedingly dangerous enemy.
The Tusken Raiders (Perhaps just raiders)-

• Representing the more nomadic elements of such an uncivilised planet, they are equipped with what ever they've managed to steal and plunder during their travels- So they may be using the latest and greatest Imperial Wunder Weapon, or some ancient and broken blaster from times gone by.

I'd like for the Empire and the Rebels to start off neutral with the player- And then have an event which requires their attention and has them pick a side between the Empire and Rebels. Obviously, depending on who they favour, the opposing side will become an enemy. During attacks and skirmishes, I hope the player's 'ally' will assist them.

As for the CIS, I imagine them requiring some kind of periodic bribe to keep them at bay. An event should do the job nicely, and if the player were to refuse their demands, an attack begins.

Finally, the Raiders will simply start off (And remain) hostile to the player, attacking whenever they please.

That's it! Yet again, I feel the need to state that you should hold no expectations and that I have never done anything modding related in any game, save for some basic text file skullduggery. Wish me luck!

Out of the light and into the dark side of the force, there's a basic Imperial faction as of now

Due to the fact that there has been progress, there must now also be bugs; namely the fact that Imperial StormTroopers wear parkas when it gets a bit cold.  ;D

*All credit goes to Berangar and Viperlol for doing actually difficult task of texturing the Stormtrooper Armour

(The current texture of the blaster rifle is from Project Armoury, along with the projectiles)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Berengar

Ok aehm THATS funny :P
Im working on an mod, that nearly exactly that^^
The stormtrooplers are already implermented and uploaded as mod. The textures for the rebels (marine and endor troops) and the jawas are finish to. Over the next day i will start with the Huttas (bandits) And the tuskens (tribes). The most of the factions like rimtroopers and rebels are neutral to the Player.
So.. i can send you the most of the textures when you want. But i Need someone how is good ad Scripting, and brings in some ideas.
So maybe you want to help, and we Combine the hole Thing?

Modlink: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8370.0

Berengar

RoboticManiac

Quote from: Berengar on December 26, 2014, 12:40:32 AM
Ok aehm THATS funny :P
Im working on an mod, that nearly exactly that^^
The stormtrooplers are already implermented and uploaded as mod. The textures for the rebels (marine and endor troops) and the jawas are finish to. Over the next day i will start with the Huttas (bandits) And the tuskens (tribes). The most of the factions like rimtroopers and rebels are neutral to the Player.
So.. i can send you the most of the textures when you want. But i Need someone how is good ad Scripting, and brings in some ideas.
So maybe you want to help, and we Combine the hole Thing?

Modlink: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8370.0

Berengar
I won't pretend that I'm good at scripting (Or know how to :) ), but if you need an ideas guy, I'm here. I'm more or less just trying to learn the ropes, but I'll certainly help if I can.

Xeewon

Would be awesome to see full armor for each faction that could be used with say, the prepare carefully mod to make a drop group for that faction? ;) using the idea of the M.A.I. to make astromechs and protocol droids able to be good at constructions and social. even a seperate mod retextured to be able to be in the clone wars era? that way you can be more focused rather than spreading things out. I've had so many ideas for a star wars mod just never had the time to do any of it, or learn the scriping required for things such as the droids and what not. really interested in this Idea/Mod! will either flop as a retexture or have great potential as a total conversion!