[MOD] (Alpha 8) Materiello (Mod naming skills, ho!) Cummingtonite≠Strohmite fix

Started by Shinzy, December 26, 2014, 11:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutromancer

Hey, this mod is really great, just one detail, in your material <statFactors> you're giving the materials <maxHealth> twice, first a value of 1 (same as steel) and then a value of 2.7 (slightly higher than plasteel), and the latter is getting ignored. Just a heads up (no idea which of the two you intended).

Shinzy

Quote from: Neutromancer on January 13, 2015, 04:03:38 PM
Hey, this mod is really great, just one detail, in your material <statFactors> you're giving the materials <maxHealth> twice, first a value of 1 (same as steel) and then a value of 2.7 (slightly higher than plasteel), and the latter is getting ignored. Just a heads up (no idea which of the two you intended).

Oh thank you! that was a good spot
usually the game has been kind enough to alert me if there's been duplicate of something
Just removed the duplicates! still gna need to change the values for each to differentiate them from eachother imma try do that soonish and then update

thought about adding floor tiles for all the metal types too! But I'm unsure if I should do that that might flood up the floor menu too much

Neutromancer

Cool! I noticed as I was searching all my installed mods for better health multipliers for my turrets and then when I built one using Xinite I realized the discrepancy.

Hey, I noticed that the fabricator needs some sort of Datacard/holocard but viewing the files I can't find any way to get one, any tips?

Shinzy

Quote from: Neutromancer on January 13, 2015, 05:36:56 PM
Cool! I noticed as I was searching all my installed mods for better health multipliers for my turrets and then when I built one using Xinite I realized the discrepancy.

Hey, I noticed that the fabricator needs some sort of Datacard/holocard but viewing the files I can't find any way to get one, any tips?
oh the holocards are my way to push some of the better materials to mid/late game
traders carry those, although *very* rarely, so you mite be limited to some of the crummier mats at start
I didn't want to make own trader just for this cause it would just make the other traders rarer especially if you have other mods that add traders (I could possibly make an optional trader def that overwrites one of the vanilla traders and changes their stock a bit so they carry those more frequently, if you want)

dareddevil7

im having the same issue with getting data cards i just want to make lots of kevlar

Shinzy

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 01, 2015, 05:22:14 PM
im having the same issue with getting data cards i just want to make lots of kevlar
I've had them pop up quite regularly on exotic traders but ofcourse if you've got tons of mods running the items become lot rarer =P so I may add crafting recipe, AI Core = data cards or so
it's the only thing that makes any sense for containing that kind of data =P

ofcourse when I eventually get around to it (Been feeling bit exhausted recently!) *Gurk! suffers sudden heart failure and slides under the table holding on to the big large bowl of koffie*

hesoyam

Quote from: Shinzy on February 02, 2015, 06:01:52 AM
(Been feeling bit exhausted recently!) *Gurk! suffers sudden heart failure and slides under the table holding on to the big large bowl of koffie*
Shinzy Rimram, modder. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the coffee. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic modder. Shinzy Rimram will be that modder. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Shinzy

Project the innovations
Share them in public: Must
Uphold the lore

RoboMod!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFvxcfDEJo

Edit: (I really really want the RoboCup now, too!)

Giraffe

Honestly I feel like some of the materials are simply too cheap from traders. At a certain point even xinite becomes less expensive per unit than steel.

hesoyam

Quote from: Shinzy on February 02, 2015, 02:45:44 PM
Edit: (I really really want the RoboCup now, too!)

it does look like a good way to espresso yourself and trust me I've bean around the world...

HahaOhWow

Love it! Needed some new metals for my brawlers and I needed to learn the code for materials, thanks a ton!

Oh... One other thing, every pirate raid is now a pirate rave ohmahgawd the colors @.@ *throws shapes*

Shinzy

Quote from: HahaOhWow on February 15, 2015, 09:50:56 AM
Love it! Needed some new metals for my brawlers and I needed to learn the code for materials, thanks a ton!

Oh... One other thing, every pirate raid is now a pirate rave ohmahgawd the colors @.@ *throws shapes*

Blargh me hearrties!

szypkiyakwonsz

Damn, I'm so dumb with not reading the descriptions and wondering whole a8 what happened to my beloved materials.

How do you like the idea of hardened steel or alloys? Harder to get, need some work over it in exchange of better properties.

Shinzy

Quote from: szypkiyakwonsz on February 20, 2015, 11:04:00 AM
Damn, I'm so dumb with not reading the descriptions and wondering whole a8 what happened to my beloved materials.

How do you like the idea of hardened steel or alloys? Harder to get, need some work over it in exchange of better properties.
I'm not against getting harder working over it
but i'm running out of colours and I'm pretty sure they'd get to the op category after I differentiate the already existing metals from eachother some more

but I will keep this in mind!

Giraffe

You haven't used orange yet iirc. Or dark blue. or...light red

Also if devilstone swords light people on fire in one of these updates I'll eat my own socks

Also, if I could just talk about devilstone as a concept-- making swords that do more blunt damage than sharp damage is just brilliant, makes me wonder why we can't make stone swords.

Anyway I think you're great and this mod is great and obligatory poke at an update because I'm a jerk and you're probably already working on it and I should just leave it alone but it's like a tradition at this point.