"Fire reserved by X"

Started by Geertje123, December 26, 2014, 08:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geertje123

Can we not reserve fires? :D

I'd like all my members to be able to extinguish any kind of fire so the damage is minimal. At the moment if I assign all my members to fire fighting then they all get assigned to put out one tile of fire. However, if they are far away the fire spreads before he/she even reaches the fire. No one can interact with that fire even if they are all standing besides it. You have to go to the assigned member and cancel their assignment.

I find this a weird idea. I mean, do you see yourself standing in front of your house, going up in flames, and the neighbour asks you why you are not putting out the fire, and you say; "Oh no I can't, it's reserved by Matt. He lives on the other side of town though, he'll be here in 3 hours."

KDStudios

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with this game.
But it's not just fires.
It's everything.
I'd love things to be prioritised based on location and how close you are to something.
Say someone recently finished extinguishing the fire and is walking off, yet there's a fire next to them and someone far away wants it, they should override it.

Alternatively, let OUR choice override what the colonists want to do.
So instead of saying "oh you can't click that because it's reserved", how about we get to override it by just clicking on it with a colonist we selected, like we would if it wasn't reserved. The one who originally reserved it would just stop in their place and go do something else. That would be the quickest and simplest temporary solution to this I guess.

Wex

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Geertje123

Quote from: Wex on December 27, 2014, 02:00:13 AM
This is almost the exact post I made a while ago.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8068.0

Didn't see that topic, thanks :)

Hopefully they will put this on top of their priority list now that they see a lot of people spark this topic.

Mikhail Reign

Why don't you just only assign 3 or so colonists to fire fighting duties? Seems to solve the problem with me. If there is someone nearer then my firefighter I just draft them and manual the most spreading part and by then the firefighters have come over and beaten the rest out.

elStrages

This is one of THE most annoying thins in game trying to find the person who is across the other side of my base to put out that one large fire that keeps lighting other tiles!
Even if a quick simple fix like being able to cancel the order on the fire so you can order someone nearer would be helpful.