[WIP] (Alpha 8) Rim Wars: The Clone War

Started by apljee, December 27, 2014, 01:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Well do they block or not , sooners were able to?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6681.0
(I also ask because someone made a lightsaber mod as well tho only single and not dual like yours)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

apljee

Quote from: Dragoon on January 18, 2015, 08:12:21 AM
Well do they block or not , sooners were able to?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6681.0
(I also ask because someone made a lightsaber mod as well tho only single and not dual like yours)

Not at this time, but I could just do that right now, if you'd like.

Dragoon

I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

apljee

Quote from: Dragoon on January 18, 2015, 10:53:54 AM
:O -> :D

I just added the following stat bonuses:

- Weilding a lightsaber doubles your health (might need to nerf that later) Too overpowered, removed
- It has a deflect bonus for blunt and piercing
- Double bladed lightsabers have a better deflect bonus
- It gives a movespeed bonus
- Double bladed lightsabers get a lower movespeed bonus

[EDIT] - I'm also going to be adding custom sounds once I figure out how to properly do so.

apljee

QUICK UPDATE TIME!

Right now, I desperately need a second programmer - at this rate, I'm unable to do many things because I have a habit for bugging things. So, if anyone is experienced (hell, someone who's unexperienced could even help, doesn't take too much to learn.) and is interested in helping out with this mod, please PM me.

apljee

Bump because I still need programming help.

Grimaldus

I hope your project will be successful. some time.
Can't wait for a larger Star Wars Mod ;)

blaze7736

hey aplijee i would love to help you out on this mod i have worked on a few mods 1 which was weapons the others with plants. I know my way around xml code and am happy to learn anything needed to help more. so pm any thing you want me to do.

Dragoon

Quote from: blaze7736 on February 03, 2015, 05:09:57 PM
hey aplijee i would love to help you out on this mod i have worked on a few mods 1 which was weapons the others with plants. I know my way around xml code and am happy to learn anything needed to help more. so pm any thing you want me to do.

+1 hes done some fantastic work :)

apljee

Quote from: blaze7736 on February 03, 2015, 05:09:57 PM

Hey, sorry I wasn't on! It's good to see your on-board. :)

I'll PM you with a GitHub link because files.

apljee

RimWars is back on track! I'd not reccomend downloading anything, but you can look at our GitHub and mark progress if you'd like.

The things that are under the incomplete, postponed, and in-progress are all features that we're going to put in the base release of the game.

https://github.com/apljee/Rim-Wars-The-Clone-Wars

apljee

Update: Lots of progress being made tonight, I've been up for about two hours trying to nail out this mod. I've got Old Republic faction, as of now I'm beginning to work on the Phase-I clone armor & helmet, I've added all of the lightsabers back in (pink lightsabers, green blue and pink double-bladed lightsabers, red normal and doublebladed), I've created a few goals before alpha 1 release, and a few other things.

Overall, I'd say tonight has been a productive night.

blaze7736

Massive Progress made by me Today with the CIS faction being made as well as the first droid of the CIS here to destroy you, hopeing to have super battle droids coming soon as well as droideka's.

apljee

We are very close to the first release. But what I need is someone to help with texturing because both reasons:

1) I am a horrible texture-maker.
2) Blaze can't do all of the textures himself.

What's required at this moment is just a standard, white phase-I battle armour (helmet and torso textures)

apljee

bump because i still need that phase-i battle armor texture