[MOD] (Alpha 8) Lamps, Lanterns and Kits (V 1.4.0 / Outdated)

Started by RemingtonRyder, September 08, 2014, 11:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Here's another lamp that I worked on today.  This one is about as large as the standing lamp, I think.

I'll get around to adding XML for this and the other one today, so I can try them out in game, but I thought I would throw it out there and see what you guys think.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

RemingtonRyder

I updated on Sunday but I made a mistake with the description for the mining lamp.  It says it lights up the area with an orange glow, but it's actually yellow.  Whoops!

Zeta Omega

Why "Mining" lamp though? just a decorative name?

RemingtonRyder

I was thinking of players who like digging out large mountains, but don't necessarily want to inhabit an entire cave system, just tap its wealth of metal.

Zeta Omega

Eh I do that sometimes then im just forced to add the space to my base to make it look normal

RemingtonRyder

As I just found out today, sometimes you will get lantern kits when a cargo pod crashes.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

RemingtonRyder

I don't mind it, actually.  Adds a little bit more variety.

RemingtonRyder

That being said, I'm going to adjust the base price of the lantern so that you don't get showered with them so much.  I mean, six stacks of 20 is a bit overkill. ;)

RemingtonRyder

RemingtonRyder

So I've tested an Alpha 8 version of this. It will feature lamp kits being craftable at a smithing bench. Yay! :)

Also, I've dropped the Colored Lights research requirement for the small lamp.

There's something else I want to add, so I'll see if I can work out how to do it today. :)

RemingtonRyder

Okay. Updated to Alpha 8, and added something new. :)