Can't make gold art???

Started by nuschler22, December 27, 2014, 01:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

This has happened in the colony I have now as well as the old colony.

I can't make art out of gold, but can out of silver and plasteel.  I haven't yet tried uranium.

Is there a trick or is it disabled because it would be too expensive?

I see gold art sold, though.

ItchyFlea

You need quite a lot of gold to make gold art items. IIRC Silver is the same as gold in this respect.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

nuschler22

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 27, 2014, 02:37:18 AM
You need quite a lot of gold to make gold art items. IIRC Silver is the same as gold in this respect.

That's it.  I just enabled silver and gold and it uses 2000 silver, so I imagine it's the same for gold.  Thank you!

Geertje123

Looks like you already solves this. Just wanted to point out that it could be a save game glitch as well. I still play in a save game that used a few builds earlier. My colonist refuse to make gold/silver art and only keep to steel. I have 15k silver and in the sculpture table config I enabled them being able to craft silverworks

On a sidenote:
I strongly discourage to craft gold art. The values of the finished artwork often go over 200k, and you wont be able to sell them and make profit from it

Damien Hart

For future reference, the cost of gold, silver and uranium crafts is 20x the cost stated.

nuschler22

Thanks! 

I wanted to try and then wipe out the trader, but they may not have enough items if it's 200k or close to that. 

I might do it just to say I did it late game.