Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• August 22, 2019, 07:06:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So About Butchering..  (Read 873 times)

Halinder

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
So About Butchering..
« on: December 27, 2014, 07:59:14 AM »

Is the method of dying ever going to effect the output of meat by an animal? I feel like if I shoot a muffalo's legs off, it's going to have less meat. Same goes for animals dying of starvation. Just a thought I had while desecrating nature.

byondtester

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: So About Butchering..
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 08:05:48 AM »

Think this would be going a bit far in realism, even Dwarf Fortress doesn't do this.

nuschler22

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »

It's certainly where the game is headed considering just about every body part is monitored. 

Menuhin

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:37:04 AM »

I feel like there could be a relatively easy way to implement this.  Once an animal is killed the corpse is given a health bar.  It could be made that the health bar of a corpse affects how much meat is acquired from butchering.  And then having the cause of death/health at time of death factor into the health of the corpse.

That being said, I don't think this would be needed.  The amount of meat actually lost in comparison to the whole of the animal from starvation or loss of a leg can be believably negligible.

Col_Jessep

• Colonist
  • I'm a cat nut, can you tell? =3
    • View Profile
    • Uber Entertainment - Home of Awesome
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 11:39:24 AM »

Think this would be going a bit far in realism, even Dwarf Fortress doesn't do this.
Actually, if you drown an animal and have a necromancer resurrect it, it will have a lot more meat. Toady made the undead stronger by giving them a super-natural amount of muscles.... xD

Ehem, sorry for the off topic trivia! =3

Planetary Annihilation Imminent