The Most Annoying Thing In Rimworld

Started by Halinder, December 27, 2014, 09:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikhailBoho

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on January 02, 2015, 06:49:40 PM
Do this.
I said do this.
No, finish what you started.
Goddamnit, no, you are not allowed to sleep just yet, finish the damn wall. It's just 8 blocks!
*sigh*
Fine... Go to sleep... Finish the wall in the morning...

Found a trick to get around this. Just lock the pawn out of the base. They will work without sleep until exhaustion/starvation hits but finishing that last piece of the perimeter or laying down some essential conduit wouldn't take that long. Just unlock the doors when they've finished. :D

arodian

Unrealistic/Retarded AI

Scenarios:

1) I will keep trying to kill this animal even if I starve to death with plenty of food at home. Or even better! Let's keep shooting an animal when a raider is attacking you.

2) I will run across the world to eat a survival meal. Food priorities in general are really frustrating and don't factor in any distance. If you are starving and there are simple meals beside you, WHY  would you run and risk death for higher quality meals that don't out weight the starving cost? These colonists should use some basic distance heuristics when making decisions.

3) I will run across the world to FEED a survival meal to a patient. Yeah, take you're time! There not in critical condition or anything...

4)  I will choose to starve to death while doctoring. Seriously, so many times I have to manually uncheck/micro-manage doctoring because they are about to die or have a mental break. Your life should be higher precedence than a patient. Especially when there are other doctors.

5) Roofing is completely useless/broken. I can't even see the roofing but I have to manage it? That is frustrating! I have enclosed rooms that still show an outdoor temperature despite several heating or AC units. I am assuming this is a roofing problem? Who knows... Either way roofing and roof management should be reworked.

6) I will ignore raiders shots and continue to work or run by them even when being harmed. It's like they aren't even there! They should either run away if not drafted or at least attack back.

The AI is just really quite dumb and could use improvements to be more realistic. Very frustrating!

Mihsan

My new #1:

I made peace with all tribes and pirates: now i have to fight with countless waves of mechanoids instead (which is much harder). Is this some kind of punishment for peace-loving people? Is there some AI that hunt down particularly those who have no one to fight?
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Cimanyd

Quote from: arodian on January 03, 2015, 07:43:01 PM
[stuff]

Dec 19 changelog
  • Hunters will now take breaks if they’re failing to kill anything.

Dec 31 changelog
  • Pawns will now do a local prioritized search for food before switching to global prioritized search. So they’ll eat a bad meal in the base before crossing the map to get a tasty one.

To see the roof, try removing all of it with a no roof zone and then remove the zone and let the roof come back. You might need to add a wall somewhere to support the roof.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Lostfighter01

When you assign your hunters a task and they end up shooting a colonist, or an allied clan provoking a war.

Stannis

Quote from: Lostfighter01 on January 04, 2015, 12:34:03 AM
When you assign your hunters a task and they end up shooting a colonist, or an allied clan provoking a war.

Is that what happened?

I lost a good colony start to that I think. I'm not sure, but my dude was hunting and all of a sudden 5 visitors rage my colony down. I though they were just being smartly aggressive.

PotatoeTater

Quote from: Menuhin on January 02, 2015, 01:09:34 PM
Quote from: Stannis on January 02, 2015, 12:44:33 PM
It's incredibly annoying that a bed cannot be adjacent to a wall to get the spacious mood bonus. Every bed I have ever known has been placed against a wall.

I completely agree.  It's just kind of weird to have beds in the middle of a room.

Not if you share a bed.
Life is Strange

Zerkuran

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on December 30, 2014, 04:53:03 PM
Quote from: amul on December 30, 2014, 04:28:07 PMI wish miners who can haul would haul back the stuff they mined when they are ready to return home. This would also emphasize the personality difference between the people who refuse to do Dumb Labor and the ones who will.

On a similar note I hate colonists who can build but not haul. They have no problem carrying all that material to the build site on the other side of the map but when I cancel the work they refuse to carry it back.

I think it is not really annoying. I got some Co-Workers who are exactly like this. They will take all the material to the job but when its done they refuse to carry it back.

but to topic:

I think I schould be able to force open Auto-doors. I think its annoying, that my colonists get heatstrokes because they are not able to put a stone at the opened door.

Additionally it is annoying, that I get Mech raids every 5 Minutes when I got to friendly with all factions. There should be other attacks like raids from space pirates and other stuff like that.

giannikampa

EMP grenades and mortars are too underpowered, does anyone use them?
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

MikhailBoho

Quote from: giannikampa on January 10, 2015, 04:27:10 AM

Nope, I never bother with them. I would much rather have the person manning an EMP mortar or wielding an EMP grenade to be on something that does damage. There's no need to stun what's dead.

Numar

Doesn't happen too often (mostly later in game), but I wish I could move a production table to another place with identical bill setup. Additionally, copying production tables with identical bill setup (cooking stoves, I look at you!!).

And yes, a lot of other things already mentioned in this thread, e.g. Hunters hitting colonists and other factions. Thank god the fire problem will be solved next Alpha.

kola777

One thing that gets annoying is having to constantly right click things and prioritize them when Im trying to get me colonist to haul a group of items or build a set of building or walls. I would propose a way to select a group of items, unbuilt things, or un-mined areas to have prioritized over other things on the map. Say a group of items items have dropped you could drag over the items and select prioritize hauling and the colonist would haul all the items before hauling anything else.

Arenji

Quote from: MikhailBoho on January 10, 2015, 04:29:27 AM
Quote from: giannikampa on January 10, 2015, 04:27:10 AM

Nope, I never bother with them. I would much rather have the person manning an EMP mortar or wielding an EMP grenade to be on something that does damage. There's no need to stun what's dead.

In my turret kill box I find having two or three pawns in doorways wielding EMP grenades to be quite useful at preventing the 'mess' of turret explosions and incendiary fires. They just keep stunning the mechs to let the mass of turrets wear them down. Once I have a perma-stun in place I let the R-4s come out and finish the job. Seems to work fine on 4 or 5 centipedes even if they do adapt rapidly in borg fashion. I've not had to try it on larger numbers yet.

Mortars on the other hand seem infuriatingly inaccurate even with skilled shooters. I hit a scyther once with an emp mortar after about 800 shots. What joy. I was so shocked I didn't reach it in time before it came back to life.

Arenji

My two most annoying things are:-
1) Needing to repeatedly click "prioritise this job" every time a pawn hauls only part of the required resources to a building location. This is especially irritating if I want them to do a quick line of power conduits during a siege when they'd rather go to bed. "Please just do all the conduits - it'll only take you 5 seconds!"
2) I really wish there was a 'DO NOT LEAVE HOME ZONE' button I could toggle during attacks.

Wex

The body temperature of colonists not raising the temperature in a room.
I have been into a airplane hangar, filled with people in winter. You could be in t-shirt there.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison