The Most Annoying Thing In Rimworld

Started by Halinder, December 27, 2014, 09:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halinder

What do you find to be extremely frustrating or otherwise mildly annoying in Rimworld?

Inferno cannons. What's that, you managed to kill the heavy charge blaster mechanoid doing all the actual damage? We'll now send these fuckers at you! You'll have to micromanage your colonists to unmilitarize them and manually extinguish so they have enough time to react, but even that doesn't matter because they shoot further than your /goddamned snipers/. You wanted to move closer? Please enjoy watching your colonist run twenty feet in a complete U-turn as they try to escape fire only to be pain-incapped a few moments later!

...screw those things.

llunauk

I will add to this, but only after I say how much I love rimworld... I LOVE RIMWORLD!!!

I think my biggest problem is that my colonists hate sharing rooms!?  I'm like seriously... David does not want to share a room with Mary? Whats wrong with him!?  Or my soldiers do not like the barracks I made them... ugh!  If your stranded on a alien world I think the problem of sharing a room would probably so far down the list it would probably never even pop into your head!  Infact the idea you actually had any kinda room with walls to keep the cold out would in itself be somewhat amazing! :D

Col_Jessep

The M-24.

Because raider with 0 skill level in shooting can kill, cripple or incapacitate one of your colonists with a single shot. Attacking a siege camp becomes a lottery of life and death.
(Yes, I had that happen to my double-flame lvl 11 sniper. The raider had lvl 0, I checked. 0_o WTF)

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Menuhin

Quote from: Col_Jessep on December 27, 2014, 11:34:09 AM
The M-24.

Because raider with 0 skill level in shooting can kill, cripple or incapacitate one of your colonists with a single shot. Attacking a siege camp becomes a lottery of life and death.
(Yes, I had that happen to my double-flame lvl 11 sniper. The raider had lvl 0, I checked. 0_o WTF)

I know what you mean.  Those Brawlers with M-24s are deadly, and it just doesn't seem right.  Sometimes colonists vs. raiders just doesn't seem right.  similar to how much damage a low skilled melee raider will do when faced against 3 colonists in melee range.

nuschler22

Quote from: Thravid on December 27, 2014, 10:58:18 AM
Annoying? That there are animals from Earth on an "Alien" planet. And that I have to micromanage my drafted soldiers, why can i just set they place somewhere, and if i press a button, if an attack happens, they would all be drafted at once and go to the places i set for them.

Also, when i set my "home" area, i would like another button which doesn't let the prisoners to walk/go outside the Home area, lets say there is a mayor fire or crazy animals outside, etc.

There's a convenient mod for this.  I believe it's called "Miscellaneous w/o MAE" and it sets three draft positions using the 7, 8 and 9 buttons.  It can also force a colonist to eat or sleep.

It's not my mod but it should be easily found in the mod section.  I removed most of the other parts of the mod and just have it used for this specific purpose.  It's pretty amazing.

You do have to start a new colony for it to work.  But I have quite a few mods with it and there haven't been any conflicts.

KDStudios

Colonists when putting out fires.
They will ignore the fire next to them in favour of someone half way across the map.
When that someone finally gets there to put out the fire they were "assigned".
They're STOOD inside the fire that has obviously spread in the time it took to walk up.
So the idiots get burned and just stand there while burning.

The rage is strong when that happens.

Cimanyd

Quote from: Halinder on December 27, 2014, 09:35:50 AMbut even that doesn't matter because they shoot further than your /goddamned snipers/.

Inferno cannons have a shorter range than M24s, so with the slow movement of centipedes you can get a shot off and move back again, if you're careful with managing your snipers.

Annoying? That there are animals from Earth on an "Alien" planet.

You must be really annoyed by all those humans on the planet, too, then? :D

Quote from: KDStudios on December 27, 2014, 01:50:34 PM
Colonists when putting out fires.

Drafted colonists will automatically put out fires next to them, so you can draft nearby colonists to manually put out fires (without worrying about prioritization) if necessary, if it's something important on fire or one of the fires got reserved by someone halfway across the map.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Summin

The fact that there isn't really much diversity to the technology, despite the game's theme being diversity

Geertje123

Quote from: Summin on December 27, 2014, 02:52:40 PM
The fact that there isn't really much diversity to the technology, despite the game's theme being diversity

I vouch for more tech!

The research bench isn't used much since you can basically research everything within a year or two

KDStudios

Drafted colonists will automatically put out fires next to them, so you can draft nearby colonists to manually put out fires (without worrying about prioritization) if necessary, if it's something important on fire or one of the fires got reserved by someone halfway across the map.

I know, but I've got more important things to deal with than a petty little fires during a dry thunderstorm. Some of which I'm unaware of and only become aware of when the game tells me someone is injured due to this, thus being the most annoying thing in RimWorld and will remain so until addressed.

Wulfik

1x What I hate is, when there is attack that is based on mortars ( I play on biggest map only BTW so its far away) . They bring food and stuff, after I fight them off by my mortars or snipers I select the food they have brought with them to be pick-able, and as soon as my colonists arrive there they eat 1 piece of it and return back home instead of eating one and carrying it OR carrying it and then eat it in base. This is not only when there is attack but random food scattered all over the map is same problem. Like ... guuuuys ? + Sharing bedroom between BOYS & GIRLS is problem ? There should be characteristics like HOMO/HETERO/BI/ASEXUAL to change this tho. I understand frustration behind 2 guys in one room ( which isn't bad actually like roommates etc. ) but when there is boy and girl like whats the problem ? You sleep whole night anyway.

Shinzy

have you guys ever had to share a room with anyone
because people get on your nerves rrrrreaallly fast when you have to live with them
(could be a cultural thing I don't know)

But I'd still love to see some extra variety in pawns reactions to different things
not just the ones provided by the traits
-> Pawn Momondo doesn't mind sharing a room as much as Pawn Xavier and Pawn Isabelladonna-sharon von van flygt just can't stand sharing a room with anyone unless it's a poodle

Edit:
Also! survival meals are the most annoying thing ever =P

Menuhin

I've lived in dorms where I had to share a room with others for 4 years of my life.  In all honesty its not bad, and with the right people quite fun.  Now... certain people can be a pain to live with.  But imo that is more of a problem with the people (abrasive personality) not as much something with actually sharing a room.

I think sharing a room along with alot of positive and negative mood affects would be better if they had more variability between different colonists.  Like having colonists share a room wouldn't be a negative mood affect but a positive one.  But sharing a room with someone incapable of social having a larger impact.

ZebioLizard2

Annoying? That there are animals from Earth on an "Alien" planet.

Well humans do things like bringing animals to area's so they can use them in some fashion, horses introduced to North America along with Cows etc.

Scotty

Attempting to assault an enemy mortor position with snipers. And getting your colonists instantly snipered :(