The Most Annoying Thing In Rimworld

Started by Halinder, December 27, 2014, 09:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoonikle

Fire in general.

Colonists "reserve" a fire when they are like 40 min away preventing colonists on the scene from putting it out.
Plus we need extinguishers, make a gun that removes fire.

Colonists pathing through flames like complete doofuses and then they catch fire and run around like they have a death wish.

Nobody has a lunch box!

colonists starve to death in 2-1/2 ingame days without food :/

No colonist gets happy about not dieing to raiders and successfully defending without casualties... they are obviously not human because humans love killing people and getting away with it.

prosims

1. When the colonost gets in fire he runs away with random direction sometimes under fire. The problem is that you can't change this direction until he reaches the point of his destination and colonist sometimes gets killed. Make it please able to chache his direction.
2. If you have parkas you do not need any heaters anymore. So winter makes no sence. You can sleep in parkas in cold. Please make the colonist undress them when they sleep or when they get inside the room.
3. Please make parkas be broken or colonists get bad mood if they have a parka from a killed person. Otherwise crafting parkas has no sence.

Stannis

It's incredibly annoying that a bed cannot be adjacent to a wall to get the spacious mood bonus. Every bed I have ever known has been placed against a wall.

Menuhin

Quote from: Stannis on January 02, 2015, 12:44:33 PM
It's incredibly annoying that a bed cannot be adjacent to a wall to get the spacious mood bonus. Every bed I have ever known has been placed against a wall.

I completely agree.  It's just kind of weird to have beds in the middle of a room.

milon

Quote from: prosims on January 02, 2015, 10:45:06 AM
1. When the colonost gets in fire he runs away with random direction sometimes under fire. The problem is that you can't change this direction until he reaches the point of his destination and colonist sometimes gets killed. Make it please able to chache his direction.

That's a panic.  A panicking person cannot be controlled, which is exactly what's happening here.  The same thing happens to AI-controlled pawns (raiders, animals, visitors...) when they get lit on fire.  Use it to your advantage!  :D

giannikampa

of course i agree with most of the above.

One more: when i micromanage and order someone to do something, like haul a thing just nearby and "it is reserved by someone else.." what? i said he must haul the thing, no debate!
*beats the desk*
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

MikhailBoho

When I have to micromanage the cremation and stripping of 25+ raider bodies after a huge raid. Please colonists, learn the drill!

When you have +5 prisoners and are waiting to sell a few, yet the AI has decided you have too many potential colonists, so they refuse to send a slave ship. Oh, but don't worry. If you begrudgingly release four of the five valuable prisoners to avoid the execution hit, then and only then will the AI send a slaver. Wow, thanks for being so thoughtful Cass!

On the subject of trade, it's incredibly annoying when you have two or three beacons worth of apparel and art to sell, yet the exotic goods merchant is nowhere to be found. Having trade be entirely reliant on the ship's which seem to intentionally disappear late game when you need them most is infuriating.

UrbanBourbon

Do this.
I said do this.
No, finish what you started.
Goddamnit, no, you are not allowed to sleep just yet, finish the damn wall. It's just 8 blocks!
*sigh*
Fine... Go to sleep... Finish the wall in the morning...

Stannis

Being able to teleport prisoners off RimWorld for a profit, but having to build an elaborate space ship at huge expense for the colonists. Why not just buy a ticket?

It's a jarring discontinuity between the lore and the game. It would be better to move all trade to the planet surface as part of an overall enrichment of the "metagame" including the world map and other colonies and visitors.

Morrigi

Quote from: Stannis on January 02, 2015, 08:25:22 PM
Being able to teleport prisoners off RimWorld for a profit, but having to build an elaborate space ship at huge expense for the colonists. Why not just buy a ticket?

It's a jarring discontinuity between the lore and the game. It would be better to move all trade to the planet surface as part of an overall enrichment of the "metagame" including the world map and other colonies and visitors.
This.

Drahkon

Quote from: Stannis on January 02, 2015, 08:25:22 PM

This is already intended as I recall, it's just.. 'filler' till the real deal is put in. Far better than no trade at all until then.

mbos14

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on January 02, 2015, 06:49:40 PM
Do this.
I said do this.
No, finish what you started.
Goddamnit, no, you are not allowed to sleep just yet, finish the damn wall. It's just 8 blocks!
*sigh*
Fine... Go to sleep... Finish the wall in the morning...

add on to this is.

Build that wall.
wait why are you haling that metal to the workbench i said build the wall.
wait why are you just dumping al that metal in that workbench.
I said build the wall.

Repeat until the workbench has al the metal it needs. :(

also i would like if the stuf system for clothing also worked for the stockpile zones. I would like to not have to dump al my clothes near the baecon and be able to say i want to keep al devilstrand t-shirt in stockpile 1. while dumping al the other stuf near the beacon.

Aporatael

Quote from: Stannis on December 30, 2014, 11:18:21 PM
1. Prioritizing something and only getting the "blueprint" complete.

3. Dismissing a notification with right click and having no archive

Quote from: Drahkon on December 30, 2014, 11:51:34 PM
right clicking to dismiss a note I don't care about, only for a new one to appear under my cursor at that exact moment...

People have appeared on map and are going to attack. Click go to location to see how many. Then check to see if they are attacking immediately or... the note is gone.

Adding an archive of the notes would be wonderful.

giannikampa

One more:
i assign a group of animals for hunt, the hunter goes there and kill many of them while trying to kill the one he choose, and all that fresh meat on the ground is forbidden for haul, just because was not intentionally killed by the hunter.
So i'm forced to personally inspect for fresh dead animals all around and unforbid manually (the most goes rotten).

Easy improvement would be to unforbid dead animals if they were assigned for hunt regardless of the reason of the death.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Scotty

large mech armys.....
mechs....why did it have to be mechs xD