PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAAND!

Started by Quasarrgames, December 28, 2014, 06:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

I just don't understand this game morally! I've rage quit like a dozen times now. i don't understand why we're supposed to make a connection with our colonists when its so easy to lose them, making us feel sadness at their loss and overwhelming ANGER at their murderers! I also don't understand how losing is supposed to be fun. It's not fun for me, but i'd like to MAKE it fun, as its something i do alot!

If you can help, you will be greatly rewarded.

THANKS!
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

lokarn

I don't know that you are "supposed" to do anything in this game. I don't know what your question is regarding morality. What has made you rage quit?  If you have paid attention to the game's literature you should get the impression that this isn't really a base building simulation. It is more of a story driven struggle to survive for these colonists. I think of it more like watching an episode of The Walking Dead, than a Sim City game. The "story tellers" that you choose determine the frequency, and severity of the events that you get happening. The difficulty is really just an option for how large of a zerg do you like to face.

Play again, this time focus on being entertained by what happens, rather than trying to control what happens so much. It's a lot like playing the coach's mode in Madden. You can't controll the players directly, but you can succeed by preparing them appropriately.

Have fun bud.

Geertje123

If you're having trouble surviving I recommend choosing the second story teller (not cassandra), and choosing a starting location in a mountain/forest area. Much easier to survive

Everteal

You should try playing Dark Souls 2. I heard its 'fun'.

On a more serious note: There is a goal - get all of your colonists off that damned rock that gets worse by the day by building a spaceship for all of your colonists ASAP.

REMworlder

You probably would lose fewer colonists if you didn't do three noble starts on ice fields :P

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8626.msg85451#msg85451

But in seriousness remember your deceased colonists can show up later in the game as things like raiders and visitors. Space reincarnation! 

Shinzy

you should treat it more like game of thronesy way
Boromir will be beheaded and you will be sad

now I've been more sad about being not able to lose the game in last three alphas =P *sigh*
too many ways to exploit thinnnnggssss
and it's too tempting, too

Nasikabatrachus

Well, you can always savescum.

I mean, I guess I can't relate to your problem. I guess it's a bit frustrating and upsetting when a colonist dies, but I usually just accept it and move on. Every colonist is one unique human story, and human stories often involve death at some point.