[Bug, Possibly] Hot Freezers

Started by Winterfall, December 28, 2014, 01:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winterfall

I don't know if this is an actual bug or if I'm just being stupid.
In my newest Rimworld word(Ha! ;D) My Walk-in-Freezer Started acting up and giving me a balmy 24C. I tried decreasing the target temp and in another world, nothing changed. I believe I'm not doing the freezer right but I've seen peoples videos and i think I'm right.
I don't know whats happening, but someone...Please Help Me... :'(

Scotty

Iv had this before. if you save and reload it might fix it

xlockeed

I've found placing an ac / heater without a proper vent source on other side results in poor ac in desired room. I tried making notches (mt setting) on backside of ac only to see the 1x1 notch reach 200+ temp and the ac inside barely hitting cold temps. I then made a roofless area and the heat vented and the room hit the temp I wanted. It sort of makes sense, an ac unit needs to vent the heat from it's coil. If it is contained it will not circulate the oil properly and fail. Another thing you have to watch out for is thermal vents and leaving a small open patch in roof to vent those monsters. They also tend to heat other rooms through the doors if part of a bigger build.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

harpo99999

I also had a superficially similar problem when part of the freezer space was missing a roof due to a roof colapse as the coolers do not support roofs and had an 11 square cooling width, I had to place a single pillar at the mid point of the span to get the roof back and the freezer working again

Winterfall

Quote from: xlockeed on December 28, 2014, 05:38:37 PM
I've found placing an ac / heater without a proper vent source on other side results in poor ac in desired room. I tried making notches (mt setting) on backside of ac only to see the 1x1 notch reach 200+ temp and the ac inside barely hitting cold temps. I then made a roofless area and the heat vented and the room hit the temp I wanted. It sort of makes sense, an ac unit needs to vent the heat from it's coil. If it is contained it will not circulate the oil properly and fail. Another thing you have to watch out for is thermal vents and leaving a small open patch in roof to vent those monsters. They also tend to heat other rooms through the doors if part of a bigger build.
Thanks For the great tips you've just saved the lives of five colonists! Now if you excuse me I need to prepare for winter... :D

Kelian

I've noticed a wierd quirk that if you try to vent other rooms by mining ventilation shafts to combine ac units efforts, when the rooms merge sometimes the game reports the room as outside will no longer effect the desired rooms. This is a sometimes not always bug.

Edit:

I also forgot to mention doors are bugged too. If you have a combination of auto and manual doors in a mined out hill/mountain, the game will detect outside for the whole room until you finish mining out the walls and connect walls instead of leaving them as rock and then replace all doors with auto doors. It's wierd and life threatening if your people live in the extremes and suddenly you notice your HVAC systems no longer work.