How do you remove a floor??

Started by kasimirtlw, December 29, 2014, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasimirtlw

How to remove floors??

when I try to use the tool do deconstruct walls or tables on a floor it doesn't allow me to remove a wooden floor.
I had created a room for a greenhouse but I made a mistake in putting the wooden floor around it. when I tried
to remove it ,  I couldn't  . In the end I used the use the pump that turns rock in  growing soil
but why cant I remove a floor ?someone any idea ?

PapaDookie

at the moment the fertilizer pump is the only way to totally remove a floor. you can change to a new floor type but can't remove em sorry

Romi

use fertilizer pump,or I believe it was a mod that allows you to replace floor with grass floor,rough stone etc.

_alphaBeta_

Fertilizer pumps are going away according to the changelog. I have concerns about not being able to remove man-made floors and revert back to the natural ground type.

milon

Either Tynan will provide a way to remove man-made floors, or else someone will create a mod to that effect.  Personally I'm happy with either outcome.

rbos

It'd be neat if they decayed naturally on their own. Freezing and thawing could have a % chance to destroy a tile and either revert, or create some other thing based on what decayed. Wood becomes dirt, concrete becomes rough stone. There should be more decay out in the world, a landscape left to the elements ought to eventually look natural.

mbos14

Quote from: rbos on December 29, 2014, 04:17:42 PM
It'd be neat if they decayed naturally on their own. Freezing and thawing could have a % chance to destroy a tile and either revert, or create some other thing based on what decayed. Wood becomes dirt, concrete becomes rough stone. There should be more decay out in the world, a landscape left to the elements ought to eventually look natural.

But then i think you should have the option to fix it so you dont have to keep replacing the floor over and over.

Notho

Quote from: mbos14 on December 29, 2014, 04:27:08 PM
Quote from: rbos on December 29, 2014, 04:17:42 PM

It could be for unclaimed areas only. I would like some decay over time as well as a way to remove floors.

But then i think you should have the option to fix it so you dont have to keep replacing the floor over and over.