[A12] Plasma Weapons V3.1 (Updated 6/14/2015)

Started by Anonemous2, April 18, 2015, 11:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonemous2

Plasma Weapons:
This mod adds a variety of weapons. Those weapons fire plasma bullets and they are; Plasma Pistol, Plasma Sniper Rifle, Plasma Assault Rifle, Heavy Plasma, Plasma SMG, and Scatter Shot. Overall the weapons tend to do more damage but have less range.

Current Version is V3.1, and it has 6 gun in it.

V3.1, for Alpha 11 and 12, 6/14/2015:
Updated V3 to Alpha 11, so it would work. (no changes other then compatibility with Alpha 11, basically the same as V3)

Dropbox for V3.1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/emsil3k9zmk0wn3/Plasma%20Weapons%20V3.1.zip?dl=0

V3, for Alpha 10, 5/23/2015:
Adds two new guns, the plasma SMG and Heavy Plasma (LMG)
All guns now have new textures, 200x200 instead of 64x64.
The black and White colors have now been replaced with Experimental and tactical. (with different stats)

Dropbox for V3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjw5qzo5uuilvol/Plasma%20Weapons%20V3.zip?dl=0

V2, for Alpha 10,:
Added new preview and about data.
Made it so there is one download that has both black and white colored plasma guns.
To update just delete the older version and install the newer.

Dropbox for V2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8v3xa1amm6935b/Plasma%20Weapons%20V2.zip?dl=0

Please comment if you have any ideas for what I should add.

V1, for Alpha 10,:
This is a mod adds 4 new plasma weapons.
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Scatter Shot (a shotgun)
Plasma Sniper Rifle
Plasma Assault Rifle

Pirate Raiders will also use plasma weapons.
The plasma weapons tend to do more damage but have less range.

Also I have made another mod, laser weapons, which has the opposite stats:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12369.msg124573#msg124573

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

mrofa

No i dont im perma logged, im more often here than tynan ;p
All i do is clutter all around.

Havan_IronOak

Just downloaded your mod and am looking forward to trying it.

Since this is your first mod, I thought I'd mention...
I did notice that you packaged it differently than most folks do. 

Normally the entire mod is inside a folder named for the mod.  You DID have the archive named for your mod, but when I extracted it, all the pieces went directly into the MODS sub-directory. Your way works just fine but, it might be better if all these pieces were in a sub-directory  named "Plasma Weapons V1."

It would work better with  the EdBModOrder mod loader that way. That mod has pretty much become a standard since it makes loading and unloading mods so much simpler.  Also there's less danger of your mod "colliding" with someone else's.

Anonemous2

Anonemous2

Got a new version of plasma weapons done. It adds the ability to have black and white versions of the plasma weapons.

Anonemous2

Big new update for Plasma Weapons, New guns, textures, and stats!

Anonemous2

If you get the error "Cannot load  Texture2D at Things/Items/Equipment/PlasmaGun" and the weapons look like squares with red crosses there was a glitch with your download, but you can fix it by simple going into the plasma mod's file under mods and enter the texture folder and rename the files so that the first letter of "things", "items", and "equipment" is capitalized. (should end up looking like "Things" instead of "things" or "Items" instead of "items") I don't know why some peoples downloads download properly and others don't. This should fix the textures.

Anonemous2

NephilimNexus

Can these be made from weapon fragments, or can I just stun a sectoid with my arc thrower?

Er, wait... sorry, wrong game. 

Anonemous2

Quote from: NephilimNexus on June 14, 2015, 07:20:30 PM
Can these be made from weapon fragments, or can I just stun a sectoid with my arc thrower?

Maybe I should put inspired by X-com...

ImpulsiveZombie

Quote from: NephilimNexus on June 14, 2015, 07:20:30 PM

It's all fun and games until that bloody Cyberdisk waltzes into the fray and gatling-guns everything you loved.