[MOD] (A8) AlphaTweaks - Automatic Trade and Haul and more! (Updated 01/03/15)

Started by alphalol, December 28, 2014, 10:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shutter

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 28, 2015, 01:14:13 PM
I guess the best workaround for the automatic corpse stripping you could do is change in the Defs\WorkGiverDefs\Alpha_WorkGiverDefs.xml the
<defName>StripCorpses</defName>
<priorityInType>5</priorityInType>

By default its 5, so its on par with normal stuff when it comes to hauling, hauling corpses has a core priority of 10, so if you set your Priority for stripping corpses to 10 or 11, they should do that first things first if there is a corpse in your homezone that can be stripped, as in, whenever they haul a corpse into your base (homezone) and drop it on the floor, the next thing theyll do is notice that they can totally strip that corpse out of all it's worldly possessions, so they'll do that, and check if theres more corpses to be stripped, and head back out to haul more dead people to be stripped. ;D
This is atleast how I imagine it should work on those settings.

Thanks! It worked.

smoq2

Quote from: frenchiveruti on February 02, 2015, 12:12:22 AM
Hello there! I've been using the mod for a few colonies, and I have to say that i'm totally happy with it, but, as always, there's some minor problems that at least should have an easy solution, so the auto-haul system isn't bothering all the time. But I would like to suggest some workarounds:

• When a chunk is in a zone "reserve" or "crap" zone, the system should ignore them, that way, If I build a floor or a wall nearby the stash, i don't have to go and delete the home zone that involves the slags.
  • It would be great, if the system checks around for dead animal corpses, it would be an amazing combination with the Auto-Hunt Beacon Mod, so if there's a collateral animal death, the auto-haul will simply make those poor animal don't die for nothing
If I came up with more ideas, I'll tell you.
Thanks again! I hope my suggestion is welcome, have a nice weekend.

That's exactly what I'm trying to add:

* Add dead animals on the map to the check, regardless of within Home Zone or not.
* Remove items within a Stockpile zone from the check.

However, I seem to have a problem.
After I rebuilt the dll with my changes from the source file, the script stopped working. I added some console notifications, but they don't show up, just as if the script wasn't there.

Asfalto

Actually, i do like the autohauler function (with many attackers it's very useful), i just don't understand why it keeps reselecting for hauling the chunks i already moved into the designed storage

Hm?

smoq2

Quote from: Asfalto on February 03, 2015, 08:48:56 AM
Actually, i do like the autohauler function (with many attackers it's very useful), i just don't understand why it keeps reselecting for hauling the chunks i already moved into the designed storage

Hm?

Because there is no filter for items already in the storage. A design oversight probably. I'm trying to fix it on behalf of the author as my C# learning exercise. It should be ready today, once I get back from work.

SilverDragon

Quote from: smoq2 on February 03, 2015, 09:00:50 AM
Quote from: Asfalto on February 03, 2015, 08:48:56 AM

Hm?

Because there is no filter for items already in the storage. A design oversight probably. I'm trying to fix it on behalf of the author as my C# learning exercise. It should be ready today, once I get back from work.

So basicly you just want to add a check to the dll that looks if the found chunk is on home region, if so, it ignores it? :)

smoq2

smoq2

Ok, I did it. My changes:

* unforbid all dead animals that aren't in a stockpile regardless of where they are on the map
* unforbid everything in home zone if the item is not in a stockpile
* designate chunks for hauling in home zone if the item is not in a stockpile

There is a problem however. The mod seems to work only with colonies created after the installation. Loading an older colony causes the script not to update.

I don't know why and do not wish to upload it anywhere until someone tells me why it is so.

shhfiftyfive

i'm still quite unsure the deal here. i'm using epyk pak and the haulers will never auto-strip. they will haul to a stockpile for corpses, but then the crafter tasked to incinerate will burn them with the clothes on if given the opportunity. the cook will grind them into soylent green if given the chance.

i have literally never seen a hauler actually strip a corpse. i assume they have so many other things to haul that maybe the stripping task is so low that it gets no attention?

when i first read "auto-strip" feature, i assume that means either the hauler will strip before hauling, or hauler would strip after hauling, or the crafter would strip before incinerating. and with some compatibility the soylent cook would strip before cooking....

ManWithNoName

Have your downloaded AlphaTweeks in the first post?

After which go here: Mods\AlphaTweaks\Defs\WorkGiverDefs

change line 31 "<priorityInType>5</priorityInType>" to <priorityInType>20</priorityInType>

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 03, 2015, 07:21:42 PM
Have your downloaded AlphaTweeks in the first post?

After which go here: Mods\AlphaTweaks\Defs\WorkGiverDefs

change line 31 "<priorityInType>5</priorityInType>" to <priorityInType>20</priorityInType>
hmm. wow. i guess the problem is the epyk pack doesn't include that folder. just an "auto-hauler" folder.

okay then. so is there a reason why epyk isn't including the auto-strip (alpha tweaks) one in his pack? is it incompatible?

ManWithNoName

Yeh i had the same issue wondering why it wasn;t working then i saw whats dragon wrote, as for why its not included i don't know ive not had any issues with the mod so far

SilverDragon

Quote from: smoq2 on February 03, 2015, 03:10:27 PM

* unforbid all dead animals that aren't in a stockpile regardless of where they are on the map

There is a problem however. The mod seems to work only with colonies created after the installation. Loading an older colony causes the script not to update.

I don't know why and do not wish to upload it anywhere until someone tells me why it is so.

Take a look at some old save of yours, and glance over the <li Class="Alpha.AlphaTweaks.MapComponent_AutoHaul" /> things, see if anything in there catches your eye. :)

SilverDragon

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 03, 2015, 07:54:22 PM
okay then. so is there a reason why epyk isn't including the auto-strip (alpha tweaks) one in his pack? is it incompatible?

It should work just fine with Epyk Pack, I've included Alphatweaks and Autohauler in the Quality of Life pack, which has a ton of stuff, and it works perfectly fine with Epyk Pack as long as I disabled the mods that are in QoL so they won't doubleload. :)

frenchiveruti

I really have no idea, but I think if you share your achievements with alphalol maybe both of you can get to the goal.
I have no idea of any kind of coding, so I can't help here, i can do tests and check for errors, yeah, but help with code? Nein.

Asfalto

cool ;)