[MOD] (A8) AlphaTweaks - Automatic Trade and Haul and more! (Updated 01/03/15)

Started by alphalol, December 28, 2014, 10:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphalol

Hi!

I've added some new features to this mod after learning a bit better how to work with the dlls. Would love some help with the textures if anyone wants to make them for the Scrap Table, Study Table and Auto Trader Console

Features:

• [Updated] Automatically strip corpses  inside your Home Zone. This is no longer just a hack that explodes the gear! I've added it to the colonist's AI. It's a low priority hauling task, so any colonists with Haul enabled will do it after he's done with the rest.
  • [Updated] Automatically unforbid any forbidden item that's haulable inside your Home Zone and automatically haul all Chunks in your Home Zone. This is now a separate download because based on feedback some people would not like this feature. I've removed the keybind to make it 100% compatible with other mods and building shortcuts. If you want to turn it off just disabled the mod.
  • A "Scrap Station" building to extract Cloth from cheap Apparel so you don't have to drag-vendor them one by one. I don't have the C# skills to make it extract the correct cloth, specially keeping compatibility with Fabric/Leather adding Mods such as Cybernetic Storm. So it just extracts Cloth  :-\
  • [New] An "Auto Trader" building that you can configure to make your pawns with Social skills (Warden job must be enabled) to automatically buy or sell items based on rules. You add the desired item to the list and configure how many of them you want to keep in stock. Works with items from other mods if they show up on Trade Ship stock!
  • [New] A "Study Table" building that you put on your colonist's private room to make them study when they would be idle. This is mostly to prevent slow downs in year 4+ when you have many idle colonists. The colonist needs to be able to do "Intellectual" jobs and have Research enabled. He will slowly gain XP in a random area he has Passion (Burning Icon), with Major Passion having a greater chance. Maybe I'll add other "idle" buildings for dumb colonists  :P
  • EDIT: I've decided to remove the rebind of Haplo's Colonist Grouping from this pack, since its not adding any new functionality and might create incompatibilities later when I might not have time to fix them.
    You should still check out his awesome mod at: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

Any feedback is appreciated. The Auto Trader will probably need some play-testings to iron out any bugs..

IMPORTANT: Delete any previous version of the mod before installing this one!

Some Screens:

[attachment deleted due to age]

Igabod

I love the idea of this mod. However, I would like to see at least 1 more group keybinding. When I use Miscellaneous' version of it I set up 2 battle position settings. One for the first line of defense and the other for a fallback position in case we get overrun by melee guys or they somehow find a way past us. I'm not sure I like it replacing the speed buttons though. 1 - 4 are used frequently by me. If you wanted to set the buttons to 5 and 6 it wouldn't interfere with the game speed controls and it would still be within reach of the left hand. I'll definitely be using the auto-strip feature of this mod a lot, not sure I'll be using the unforbid thing that much because I often set up piles of stuff which I then forbid till I need them for various purposes. But it's pretty cool that it is there especially in the early game.

alphalol

Excellent points. I didn't realize that by pressing SHIFT-1 I was changing the game speed. Added group #2 back and Changed to SHIFT-E,Q.

nuschler22

I'd love to use this, but forcing eating and sleeping is too valuable for me to give up, particularly in the end game where you have 10 plus colonists in need of mental help.

Is there a way I can just utilize the force strip (giggity) and unforbid? 

I actually butchered Haplo's mod for my own using and made it into just the colonist positions and forced sleep and eat, and nothing else.

alphalol

You can keep using Haplo's default mod or your own modded alongside mine and everything should work.

hyprformnce

nice! if this mod could now somehow mark corpses to be stripped so that colonists can be involved, it would be perfect

MsMeiriona

alphalol

Quote from: hyprformnce on December 28, 2014, 12:45:37 PM
nice! if this mod could now somehow mark corpses to be stripped so that colonists can be involved, it would be perfect

Check out the new version :)

hyprformnce

Quote from: alphalol on January 02, 2015, 10:09:13 PM
Quote from: hyprformnce on December 28, 2014, 12:45:37 PM

Check out the new version :)

Auto trading and stripping?? this mod is incredible, thanks!

Igabod

I just got a chance to use the first version of this mod last night. At first I thought it wasn't working but then I realized that I didn't have the area where the bodies were set to home zone. As soon as I added home zone there the bodies were all naked and gear was all over the place. I definitely liked it. I'll try to test the new version soon too. That study table is pretty interesting sounding. The auto-trader might be pretty cool too. I did like the keybinding thing from Haplo's mod, but the fact that I couldn't use Q and E to rotate items without sending everybody to their battle positions was a little annoying. But since it's not in this mod anymore I guess I don't have to get used to it now.

Keep up the good work man, this is shaping up to be a nice little mod.

BajtMe

With this mod enabled, i can no longer give orders to colonist using the right mouse button without drafting them first. is this intended or am i having some kind of compatibility issue? I was really interested in the study table but it seems a bit of a high price to pay.  :(

Patrykbono20

alphalol

Quote from: BajtMe on January 03, 2015, 07:25:49 AM
With this mod enabled, i can no longer give orders to colonist using the right mouse button without drafting them first. is this intended or am i having some kind of compatibility issue? I was really interested in the study table but it seems a bit of a high price to pay.  :(

Sorry about that, fixed and reuploaded AlphaTweaks.7z

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on January 03, 2015, 07:34:03 AM
this needs a new game ?

It shouldn't break your current game but some features might not work. If you have a previous version of this mod you 100% need a new game.

BajtMe

lude