[W|0.8.657] unfinish apparel drops to the ground

Started by SirKastros, December 28, 2014, 05:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirKastros

I was making a parka with one of my colonist then another came by and was going to make one and the unfinished on got dropped to the ground.
Now I can't pickup it up or finish it with the colonist that started making it

[attachment deleted due to age]

SirKastros

Here is a pic with the action with the colonist that made started the parka

xlockeed

You may have unassigned the first crafter. And what happens is another colonist comes along and throws that prior craft on floor and starts their work. You can click item on floor and click cancel and all the items in said item revert back.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

SirKastros

A little time passes and now this is happening. There is two unfinished parkas on the table and the one on the floor was picked up.

Drahkon

As long as they are picking them back up to continue work they should complete no problem, editing bills with unfinished items may break them, still having issues with this. Easiest way I've found to test an unfinished item to see if it's busted is to:

draft all colonists so you can be sure the table is not in use
select the colonist that started the item in question, un-draft them
right click the unfinished item

If the only option showing is to haul it, it's likely broke.
It is usually possible to select the broken item and hit the 'cancel' option to recover some of the materials and get rid of the useless broken item.

xlockeed

Fire Ben

Edit - Batteries give minus beauty. You should room them off somewhere out of sight.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.