End game suggestion

Started by NiQ, December 28, 2014, 09:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiQ

First think first, I know the game is in Alpha and that there are alot to fix before "end game features" BUT still, I can't help think about what I would like to see after I launch my people into space. :)

I would LOVE to see a "reset, get bonus depending on time invested and restart" feature. Something that make my second game more fun at start when I spent 10 hours in the first game.

Something like this would be pretty cool:

• A new craftable item: Spaceship Cargo Holder
  • A new attribute to all items: Weight
  • One Cargo Holder can only hold a fixed amout of weight. For example, 1000kg
  • Say one gold bar ways 1kg then you can bring with you 1000 gold bars! Or maybe 10k cloth? If you want to bring even more stuff with you, craft more Cargo Holders!
  • The Cargo Holders can't be too easy to get our hands on. Maybe add gold to the recipe?
  • Launch into space with your people and stuff!
  • The game automatically takes you to an intergalactic trader where you can sell the stuff you got in the Cargo Holder and even browse and buy new gear for your next game
  • Maybe the trader even have an EXPENSIVE item you can use to get a preview of the new maps available? Pay gold, choose a specific planet based on biome type, get three map previews for that biome or pay even more gold and get three new previews
  • The more you have invested in your previous game the more options you have to choose where you want to start your new journey and with what gear

Maybe the game automatically sells all the items in your Cargo Holders for you and give you gold, silver or a new currency to buy new stuff (gear/materials) to use on your new map.
It would also be nice to see a new variable to keep track on wich world you are on. First world, second world, third world etc. This could make the game a bit more competitive for those who want their own highscore or maybe a friends?

With all this maybe the game should get harder every time you do a "reset" since you start with more gear. But Im not too sure about this.

Sorry for my crappy English but I hope you guys get the picture. The game would get so much more replay value if it just gets funnier the more worlds you visit. I would love too see something like this in the game. Something that make me wanna spend even MORE time on the same map. :) Something that make wealth more important.

I was also thinking of a way to make it a bit harder to escape the planet with alot of gear. Maybe make it so you need more "fly power" (thrusters/engines) if you want to bring more weight with you. The more stuff you want to carry with you to the next world or sell at the intergalactic trader, the more time you need to invest in the ship. Avalible free space on the map could also be something to keep in mind here depending on how big the space ship will get with all the Cargo Holders and thrusters/engines.

Ok so I will stop right here or else this post will be may to long. :P

What do you guys think?

Xom

Personally I'd appreciate having the ability to use the ship to travel to a new location on the same planet or another, retaining as much crew and supplies as it can carry.

DrakePork

Maybe that the ships was more complex? that you actually built a ship you could live in and that stuff, so when you launch into space to a new planet it takes like 1 in game month for you to come to the new place and that time you can spend growing stuff on the ship and build on it. This would add like that you needed oxygen tanks,  space suits, cockpits, and maybe even a new skill.

Xom

Quote from: DrakePork on December 31, 2014, 09:26:50 AM
Maybe that the ships was more complex? that you actually built a ship you could live in and that stuff, so when you launch into space to a new planet it takes like 1 in game month for you to come to the new place and that time you can spend growing stuff on the ship and build on it. This would add like that you needed oxygen tanks,  space suits, cockpits, and maybe even a new skill.

I would like that very much. I don't, however, have my hopes up even a little bit. That seems too fun to ever exist. (actually more like too niche, hard to balance, slightly tedious to program and slightly too much like FTL and StarBound to ever see the light of day). Also, cryosleep kind of means that all the colonists would spend the travel time sleeping since there's no FTL travel so there would be no need to grow anything or for the ship to be self sufficient.
Though imagine random events such as the colony's ship being invaded by pirates or getting tractor beam'd into a mechanoid station.

Professor Cupcake

So a New Game+ option, essentially.
Sounds like an idea I can get behind.

Quote from: DrakePork on December 31, 2014, 09:26:50 AM
Why would you need any of that?
Everyone is in longsleep.

Anduin1357

Why not when your guys go off, you can have another game at the same site which has to withstand 1 month of simulated continuous raids?

john pretzel

I would love to see the ship actually moving and leaving the map with everyone inside. The ship could be seen from the outside and increasing scale as it approached the edge of the map, giving a sense of raising its altitude, screen shaking, thrusters full power etc..

I'd also like take this opportunity, which is relevant in the topic's theme, to copy/paste an idea I suggested from the mods section:

QuoteI always felt something was missing or left to be done when leaving the colony. I look at my base for the last time, panning the mouse, and thought - there should be some history recorded here for anyone who finds this.. It plays with our imagination  :)

And I was mentioning some wall art with the colony's activities, maybe statues of the colonists... This actually aligns itself with the spirit of the game - story telling.

Anduin1357

The storytelling is supposed to be made up by you, the player. That is the whole concept of this game (as per the Dev Blog).
I think that the ruins of the colony should be revisitable in a new game by selecting the same area in the overworld to extend the storytelling.