[Request] Remove roofs

Started by HexCube, December 28, 2014, 11:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HexCube

Hi all, I would like to put in a request to be able to destroy a single block of a thin or constructed roof...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SundayTuesday

if im not mistake there is already a remove roof tool?
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

HexCube

It doesn't work on rock roofs, and when you're trying to create a vent in the ceiling to get rid of refrigerator heat, it's really annoying to have no option to destroy even a thin rock roof. It only works on constructed roofs, and the first cquare or so of rock, as there is no roof above it... Very annoying.

Spoonikle

I suggest you try common ventilation tunnels.

Simply make a walled off chimney on the outside of the base with no roof. then the entire vent system can be closed off and still be "outside".

keep digging the vent around your rooms and be careful not to circle your base with the vent blocking off expansion. I normally make 2 vent systems, one left and one right or top and bottom to prevent boxing in my mountain base with vent tunnels.

you can double or triple wall off the chimney if you are paranoid, but it will never come under attack unless you trigger raiders to destroy everything ( only happens when you completely wall off your base with no doors )