[W|0.8.657E] Negative beauty modifier calculations.

Started by Ironvos, December 29, 2014, 08:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironvos

There seems to be some sort of oversight on how beauty calculations work in the game.
Everything works fine for positive beauty.
In that case the formula, (base beauty) x (stuff modifier)  holds up.

However when you have buildings with a negative beauty, they get even worse when built in a material that is supposed to increase beauty.

So it would make sense to have two separate calculations for this.
One for positive: (base beauty) x (stuff modifier).
And another for negative being:  (base beauty) / (stuff modifier).
This way a nice material makes ugly buildings look better.

I found this while modding the game, here's an example:
(In this case i had added a copper resource with a 1.3 beauty modifier.)

skullywag

This is still prevalent in A11, any chance we could get this fixed soon, trying to stuff...stuff is kinda pointless when you cant make steel uranium stuff ugly and gold silver stuff beautiful.

Also adding that it doesnt work quite like the above anymore, anything with a positive beauty stat works fine anything with a negative beauty stat doesnt have stuff based beauty added to it, so a building set to have a beauty of 1 or more will be like +110 beauty when its golden, if that was -1 the golden building would be -1.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tynan

This should already be fixed in A11, can you give an example of where it isn't so I can test? This might mean posting a mod, since as far as I can tell it would never appear in vanilla.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

Sure ill throw one together but put simply:

A building with a positive beauty when made of stuff ingame shows the original beauty plus the offset due to the stuff used.

A building with a negative beauty stat made of stuff shows no modifiers when checking its info panel.

edit - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ve1o8czbdlnlw3a/SolarsStuffed.zip just place a golden solar panel which has a -10 starting beauty stat.

Tynan

QuoteA building with a negative beauty stat made of stuff shows no modifiers when checking its info panel.

Isn't that correct behavior then? Stuff beauty modifiers don't apply to negative beauty, by design. What's the bug exactly?

skullywag

Ok so take this example, Set the beauty of that solar panel to +10 the lowest beauty i can now get is uranium which would be +4, I want that in the minus figures so I set it to -10 now gold solars are -10, I think the bug is that we cant have a building both sides of the line where its beauty is concerned, which now ive said it isnt technically a bug the system works as it should...its just....not right...missing a bit....ahh i dunno.

Tynan