Assign specific items to specific stockpiles

Started by Professor Cupcake, December 29, 2014, 04:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Cupcake

An option to assign specific items to specific stockpiles would be useful.

The scenario I have in mind here is that of trading. Currently, to be able to trade the best solution you have is to keep all of your stockpiles without roofing, and have the trade beacon covering them. This is sub-optimal. If there were the option to have specific items taken to specific stockpiles, it would allow the player to have a central stockpile deep in their base and take out certain items when there are traders in the area. Or the player may wish to transport excess supplies to the beacon, to be sold off as soon as possible.

Shinzy

you can choose what is held in which stockpile through the storage tab while you have stockpile selected
along with priorities and everything
(Or maybe I didn't understand what you were after! ;D)

Professor Cupcake

That is my exact problem. What you just described is a workaround, and doesn't really solve the problem at all.

How would you go about sending an exact amount of items to a certain stockpile? (e.g. I want to send 2 M16's and 200 silver to the trade beacon)
This is different to just setting what is allowed in a stockpile. This is actually ordering certain items to be sent to the stockpile.

Shinzy

Quote from: Professor Cupcake on December 31, 2014, 12:04:23 PM
That is my exact problem. What you just described is a workaround, and doesn't really solve the problem at all.

How would you go about sending an exact amount of items to a certain stockpile? (e.g. I want to send 2 M16's and 200 silver to the trade beacon)
This is different to just setting what is allowed in a stockpile. This is actually ordering certain items to be sent to the stockpile.

Oh! I can see clearly now, the raaaaaaaain has goooone ;D

If the trade beacon would have it's own stock zone by default attached to it
where you could then 'order' specific amounts of specific items
that could be useful (especially for trading things you use yourself all the time or need to keep frozen in a freezer)

*nods* I just misunderstood the first post =P sorry!