[MOD](Alpha 10) Mining&Co.: Alert speaker (V10.0 29-04-2015)

Started by Rikiki, December 29, 2014, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Sorry for the lack of info, I have added the steps to place the .dll in the right place. :)
Don't forget to remove (backup!!!) the standard .dll from the Assemblies folder.

If this solves some people' lags problem, I will add a button to disable dynamic lights.

Rikiki

I just updated the basic laser weapons (laser rifle, prism rifle and laser gatling) to Alpha 8.

I will now work on the heavy lasgun to improve it. :)
I am undecided about the high precision lasgun. :-\ It seems to be too OP and it takes a lot of coding effort just to maintain a nice looking warmup animation...

pktongrimworld

woot.

Well, lasers are precise...so....

kind of redundant lore wise :P

maybe a "high power Laswer Cannon" or something.

but you wouldnt use that against people... hint hint.

DroneKiller320

Im a little confused, do I download both conmen and the source or only one of them

Rikiki

Quote from: DroneKiller320 on January 08, 2015, 04:23:18 AM
Im a little confused, do I download both conmen and the source or only one of them

The "source" link is only useful for modders as it contains the source code of the mod.
If you only want to play, grab the "M&Co.: Common V4.0" and "M&Co.: AlertSpeaker V2.1" mods.
Remember to activate M&Co.: Common before M&Co.: AlertSpeaker. ;)

Ora

Downloaded this and modified it a little bit to make a good old fashioned air raid siren noise instead of the default alarm noises. It's working fine but the lights are giving me lag even after installing the static lights .dll. If I toggle the power off of the speaker my screen scrolls fine. If I toggle the power on the screen scrolls fine and then starts to go choppy as soon as the light blinks on. Is there a way I can just remove the light altogether? I don't really want the light, I just wanted an air raid siren for my colony that goes off in the event of an enemy raid.

Rikiki

Here is a version without any light. There will not be much support for it however. :-\

Quite strange you have lags. Are you playing on a low-end PC? Got no lags with more than 30 alert speakers on my screen...
Have you lags only when they are visible? Too when you don't see them?
I would like to correct it if possible. :)

Agent32

I have fps decreases too, in any state of alert work.
PC conf: amd5500(512), 2.8x2GGH, 8ram.
Helmet mod at night also decreases fps, but much less.
I think its all about something visual effect, maybe ati cant work with him properly.

Also yours mods - great work!

Razul Antiwield

I would have this, however I do not at all like the idea of the adrenaline boost. Anyway the Miscellaneous mod already has something like this.

Rikiki

Quote from: Razul Antiwield on March 26, 2015, 06:20:29 AM
I would have this, however I do not at all like the idea of the adrenaline boost. Anyway the Miscellaneous mod already has something like this.
If you don't like it... don't use it! :D
I don't see what Miscellaneous' content is the same. ??? The tactical computer has not the same functionalities at all!

Ihatetheinternet

Rikiki

Quote from: Ihatetheinternet on April 28, 2015, 09:56:02 PM
Can i change the siren sound i will not upload it

Of course you can! :)
If you believe your sound is better, why not post it so others can benefit from it? Mind the credits of this sound though.