Best way to combat ancient ship parts?

Started by Scotty, December 29, 2014, 07:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: Strangelove on December 30, 2014, 06:32:32 AM
Build a wall around it (allowing a roof to be built)

Remove walls and the roof will fall and destroy the ship part.

That used to work, but not any more.  Roof can't be built over crashed ship, so no crushing.

But that screenshot is pretty brilliant. If you're lucky, the AI core will pop out near the colonist too.

Strangelove

Quote from: milon on December 30, 2014, 01:46:20 PM

That used to work, but not any more.  Roof can't be built over crashed ship, so no crushing.

But that screenshot is pretty brilliant. If you're lucky, the AI core will pop out near the colonist too.

I done it 2 days ago

DarknessEyes

I usually surround them with 10 units equipped with power armors and then bang bang bang.
De Surgeries
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18976.0
Adds 26 new surgeries to Rimworld.

Spoonikle

I generally just shot the thing from a distance with a fire team until part broke, then retreated back to my main defences because once the ship part is destroyed the mechs charge your base.

I am forced to do this because at my point in the game I am facing 30+ mechs every time.

Yet I think I will try the method of building around the part and dropping the roof on it, not sure it will work. I have had colonists survive roof collapses before.

milon

Quote from: milon on December 30, 2014, 01:46:20 PM

^ I think you missed my above post.  And it sounds like a lot of people missed this change.  Do it if you like, but no roof will form, and no collapse will occur.

The mechanics behind why it used to work: damage was applied to every cell that got crushed.  A colonist occupies 1 cell, and so gets hit once.  The ship part occupies many cells and so it would get hit many times (resulting in guaranteed destruction).  It was an exploit, and Tynan fixed it.

Scotty

I find that the centipeds are a little to over powered to be honest. even after trying that you lot have suggested :(

putsam

If you surround it with a wall every tile around it and chuck frags at it the mechs wont spawn