Psychiatry and liesure

Started by Stannis, December 30, 2014, 11:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stannis

I think the doctors should have psychiatry as part of their healing repertoire, and pawns should also be able to be commanded to relax, that is, hang out in a comfortable environment and do nothing, or work on art.

A lot of the pawns essentially have PTSD, especially after a series of battles, and they need medical care.

TheClassiness

Yeah, I think just like how your colonists' bodies can scar, their minds can scar as well. Seeing their friend die, killing someone innocent, seeing a pile of rotting bodies, being on the verge of dying, etc. should all leave lasting thoughts on your colonists, and they can decide to either deal with them positively or negatively, based on traits/doctoring help. Optimist might be thankful to be alive, and try to help everyone as best as they can to repay them, whereas a depressive person might be unhappy that they even survived, or might look at the situation with absolute terror and sadness.

Professor Cupcake

A simple version of this could potentially be implemented in a similar manner to how scarring works now.

If a colonist has a serious bad thought, then without relaxation or some form of treatment it could perhaps add a mental "scar", with a permanent mood negative.

Would certainly change up how you deal with the aftermath of dangerous events.

I wouldn't want an individual "scar" to have too much of an impact though, else it would make things a little too difficult. Maybe just have each one as a permanent -1, or -2 for 2 "scars", and so on.