Melee attacking through walls

Started by Gonorejus, December 28, 2014, 10:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonorejus

It turns out that you can attack enemies in melee diagnoally through walls. This is kinda interesting, but not really effective against large 100+ enemy raids. Might be usefull to soften the enemies up before they reach your main defence, though.
You can check it out here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF_k7bIpku8

Shinzy

Menuhin

Super cheaty, but interesting and nice to know.  That video was a pretty good example.  I'm curious if you've ever had enemies try to attack back through a corner in the wall?  or any experience of it with mechs?

Shinzy

Quote from: Menuhin on December 28, 2014, 11:33:47 AM
Super cheaty, but interesting and nice to know.  That video was a pretty good example.  I'm curious if you've ever had enemies try to attack back through a corner in the wall?  or any experience of it with mechs?

they can attack through gaps like this just the same way
I had a tribal club me through one of my hidey holes once (never thought of using it to my advantage in anyway though! unlike some smarter peoples!)

ofc if you got the sandbags there nothing should be able to retaliate =P
pawns shouldn't be able to fight on sandbags

Match

If it wasn't you Shinzy, I'd believe that the rifle behind Wombat is on the ground... but it really really looks like a weapon slung behind the back.

I want to believe!

Shinzy

Quote from: Match on December 30, 2014, 02:22:11 AM
If it wasn't you Shinzy, I'd believe that the rifle behind Wombat is on the ground... but it really really looks like a weapon slung behind the back.

I want to believe!
aw come on! I wouldn't do such a shameless plug for any upcoming stuff/features I have planned?

keylocke

holy crap! this is a nifty defense  :o