Sound Issues with RimWorld

Started by XxMSWShadowxX, December 30, 2014, 03:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxMSWShadowxX

Hi,

I am having issues with RimWorld, I have been playing the game for about a week and has been running fine (just cant crank all the settings up other fps drops insanely) but the past couple of days about 10 minutes into the game being loaded my speaker "pops" and all sound is gone from the game, rest assured it's not my speakers, they respond to every game or any instance of sound being processed, but the games audio itself just stops, and as soon as i quit to OS the game pops again. Any idea what's causing this?

Additional Info..

*My Drivers are up to date
*No issues with installation
*Disk Cleanup and Fragmenting performed no difference
*Mixed settings up, no difference
*Debug mode could not find anything

Thanks for any help or info anyone can reply for this, its a horrible sound when it suddenly does that with my headphones on especially let alone from my speakers.

- XxMSWShadowxX / Marc
Virtus, honor, victoria, qualis fides magnatorum effodit.

Grey_Mako

This has happened once before to me. Only once though.

Matthiasagreen

You aren't alone, but unfortunately it isn't the game, but the system the game is built off of. Tynan has no control over it. See this post to hear it from Tynan himself.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

XxMSWShadowxX

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on December 30, 2014, 08:38:56 AM
You aren't alone, but unfortunately it isn't the game, but the system the game is built off of. Tynan has no control over it. See this post to hear it from Tynan himself.

Many thanks for the info i thought ive screwed up my game good to know im not the only person! im new to the forums so im not very well aware to any previous posts so i should check them out before hand xD thanks again.

XxMSWShadowxX

Did some research, found out its a coding error when audio programming/design with unity, its like a sound/music loop failure, looked up on unity apparently if you don't join a sound loop together a "pop" is emitted from the game to symbolize the end of game sounds and then the silence after is just the games failure to pick up sound, bare in mind this is my own research and even though i do have some knowledge in programming i haven't tore open the game so i can't really back this up but i found it on UNITY's official pages.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: XxMSWShadowxX on December 31, 2014, 03:13:05 PM
Did some research, found out its a coding error when audio programming/design with unity, its like a sound/music loop failure, looked up on unity apparently if you don't join a sound loop together a "pop" is emitted from the game to symbolize the end of game sounds and then the silence after is just the games failure to pick up sound, bare in mind this is my own research and even though i do have some knowledge in programming i haven't tore open the game so i can't really back this up but i found it on UNITY's official pages.

you might want to include that on the forum I linked so Tynan might better see it. IF it is something he can fix, he would want to know.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

XxMSWShadowxX

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on December 31, 2014, 06:04:21 PM
Quote from: XxMSWShadowxX on December 31, 2014, 03:13:05 PM

you might want to include that on the forum I linked so Tynan might better see it. IF it is something he can fix, he would want to know.

Sure i'll post it there and let him know.

XxMSWShadowxX

Posted hope it makes sense to him XD