[mod request] Set ownership of Production Tables

Started by Zilch, January 01, 2015, 03:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zilch

Always having a problem with my main crafter not being able to make advanced things like Parkas or Swords.
It takes far too long for regular noob colonists to make them, and they hog the table.

An option for the table to have ownership like a bed, so that only one colonist can use it would fix this quick smart.
:D

Killaim

thefinn

"Medical Officer Priority" would be a nice one too.

Best Medical Skill goes first, unless he's the patient, etc..

unifex

Been thinking about an overseer type thing, would also like the ability to define uniforms on squads.

I've had a little crack at restricting the jobs for a table:

https://github.com/calmhorizons/innerworlds/blob/master/release/Innerworlds-WorkGiver-Overseer-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

or you can see the source at:

https://github.com/calmhorizons/innerworlds/tree/master/iw-workgiver-overseer/assembly/Innerworlds-WorkGiver-Overseer

I've only done a basic one, so the worktable can only have one skill defined with a minimum and maximum level. I'll take a look at adding some GUI widgets so it can be viewed and tweaked at runtime (per-table hopefully otherwise it'll be a bit painful).

The steps to using it are:

i. Change the WorkGiverDef in Core\WorkGiverDefs to use <giverClass>Innerworlds.WorkGiver_DoBillOverseer</giverClass> wherever you want the functionality (I find/replaced all WorkGiver_DoBill instances) if you use my version. Otherwise I'd encourage grabbing SharpDevelop and fiddling around with rebuilding from source etc.
ii. Any building that is a ThingWithComps can add:

<comps>
            <li Class="Innerworlds.CompProperties_OverseerRequirement">
                <compClass>Innerworlds.CompOverseerRequirement</compClass>
                <skill>Medicine</skill>
                <minLevel>5</minLevel>
                <maxLevel>7</maxLevel>
            </li>
        </comps>

Think that's about it (pretty basic, no visual feedback of requirements etc yet). The workGiver will check each pawn's skills before allowing the job through. It'll be nicer as a list of requirements, and done at runtime ie. not fixed in the xml. As it stands I guess you could add a series of new buildings using the XML e.g. BasicStonecutter, MidStoneCutter, AdvancedStoneCutter and fiddle with the levels.