[W|0.0.254Ver] building shadows last forever

Started by 10rotator01, November 08, 2013, 04:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10rotator01

I tore down a part of a building outside and it collapsed, the part where I sold the walls, etc. The shadows of that part of the building however still existed and didn't disappear.
I noticed the same thing with mountains, but maybe it is intended here. When you mine a part of a mountain away, let's say at the corner the shadow still exists there.
But as I said, maybe it is intendet, because you are kinda mining a path and not mining down the whole mountain...

If you want, I could try to reproduce the error and make a screenshot.

greets, 10rotator01

Semmy

I think those are actually roofs

Hover over one and look in the lowerleft corner what the tooltip says.

And yes a screenshot would be appreciated
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

10rotator01

I could successfully replicate the error (in my view):

I hope the naming of the files makes it clear. As you can see, I built a closed structure. Added a second closed structure. Sold one "half" and the shadow still remains. Like if the walls are still there.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

enystrom8734

This is not a bug, that is the remaining shadow is the roof. A roof will remain up within 7 blocks of another wall. If this is happening not near anything, then it is a bug.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Semmy

Quote from: enystrom8734 on November 08, 2013, 09:05:11 PM
This is not a bug, that is the remaining shadow is the roof. A roof will remain up within 7 blocks of another wall. If this is happening not near anything, then it is a bug.

hence why i hinted at looking at the bottom left.

If you delete the other part of the building completely it will collapse
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Sacarathe

Can this be used as a rain shelter for outside electronics such as sun lamps or batteries? Particularly the lamps, as they can be dry but still un excluded.

enystrom8734

If there is a roof, then no rain will hit it.

Closed
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734