Organ Scarring

Started by TheClassiness, December 31, 2014, 04:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClassiness

I always found it strange that my colonists would be able to take a Lee-Enfield shot to the heart, and after a few days completely recover without issue. I feel that if a colonist gets shot in one of their organs/breaks a bone, it should either take a very long time to fully recover, or it should have a very high chance of scarring. After all, if you took a shot directly to the heart/lungs good luck getting up and working the next day or two.

Professor Cupcake

This is... already a thing?

Pretty sure this is already a thing.

Scars only occur if a wound isn't treated, or sometimes if a wound is treated badly. Certain organs (eyes and brain are definitely in that list) will always scar, and cannot be healed.

I guess you're just asking for a higher chance of scarring, and longer recovery times. Right?

TheClassiness

Yes, I'm aware that brains and eyes will always scar, but the chances of scarring with organs/bones doesn't really seem noticeable. I know badly treating something will give it higher chances, but the recovery times between getting shot in the heart and being able to function at normal efficiency is way too low. I feel with this game the only time you'd want to care about where they're hit is if it's the eyes, brain, or a part is destroyed. Otherwise my colonist could have a body part with 1 health and not care, since I know they'll be fine in a few days.

Drahkon

Not even a few days, maybe a few hours many times. I do agree that longer healing times are warranted, at least with normal or herbal meds. I can believe it more easily with glitterworld meds. ;)