[M 0.250-0.254b] Macbook: Move game window across displays offsets in-game mouse

Started by Seppukun, November 08, 2013, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seppukun

This affects RimWorld versions 0.250 to 0.254b on the Macbook Pro, OS X 10.8.5

Problem: Moving the game window from the main display to a secondary display causes the game to misinterpret the true location of the mouse, and the mouse input sent to the window is lower or higher than the actual mouse location. Game elements cannot be directly clicked on with the mouse anymore, instead the user must place the mouse well below or above the target element to interact with it. It doesn't matter if the main display is set to the Macbook built-in display or the external monitor; this bug is present both ways.

Requirements: An external monitor connected to the Macbook so that the user has one display which is smaller or larger than the other.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Launch Rimworld -- it will launch in the main display.
2) Drag the game window to the other display.
3) Attempt to interact with the game interface:
o If the destination display is larger, the mouse input will be higher than its true location.
o If the destination display is smaller, the mouse input will be lower than its true location.

Seppukun

TooMuchPete

When I get in front of my second display I'll check this out -- I was on the wrong track, but this report should make it a lot easier to figure out!