[Mod Request] Side arms

Started by Loki88, December 23, 2014, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

First off, is it even possible without a whole whack of fancy coding. Second am I the only one who thinks your colonists should be able to carry a side arm like a pistol or the Uzi? At the very least a knife.

Ideally there would be a part in the code that would tell them to equip the side arm once an enemy is in range of said side arm to prevent a raider from smashing your sniper in the face while he's waiting for his gun to cool down/ aim. <=== This part I'm guessing will require fancy coding if it's even possible to begin with.

SlimeCrusher

Yea, i was actually wanting something like this, not exactly this though.
What i was thinking, was make grenades "single use", and make a colonist able to carry 1 or 2 grenades on his pocket, while still having a main weapon to fire. That would fix the "infinite grenade supply" thing, of course, grenades should appear more commonly on trading vessels.
Im not sure its possible without a bunch of dll codding though...

Loki88

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on December 23, 2014, 07:50:20 PM
Yea, i was actually wanting something like this, not exactly this though.
What i was thinking, was make grenades "single use", and make a colonist able to carry 1 or 2 grenades on his pocket, while still having a main weapon to fire. That would fix the "infinite grenade supply" thing, of course, grenades should appear more commonly on trading vessels.
Im not sure its possible without a bunch of dll codding though...

I'd be happy if even just this was possible. Either way if I had a "battle Rifle" I would also carry a side arm for getting up close and personal.

elStrages

Doesn't even have to be two guns. I would even settle for one firearm and melee weapon!

TrashMan

Xiupan

Yes! Ranged and melee weapon slot! Great idea! :)

Evul

It would be nice.
Sidearm as in pistol or knife :)

Professor Cupcake

I would love to see melee weapons and ranged in separate slots.
Not sure having 2 ranged weapons would make too much sense, though. Although I suppose it works if you want the sniper to have a backup.

general222291

Quote from: Evul on December 27, 2014, 06:52:06 AM
It would be nice.
Side arms combined with project armory, get working on it Evul :D
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Evul

Quote from: general223 on December 31, 2014, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: Evul on December 27, 2014, 06:52:06 AM
It would be nice.