Relations

Started by tylers2001, December 31, 2014, 02:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylers2001

I was thinking of a simple mod that makes it so the colonists have relations with each other such as a chat can make there relation better or worse. If someone is around some they don't like, hate, loath, or despise they get a debuf in global work speed. How much they do like may even give them a global work speed buff.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

john pretzel

Whenever colonists are around someone they chat. Check the baloons over their heads, and also its effect on their moods. You can force these dialogues placing colonists together for a whil too. Also, sieges are a good example of interaction, because the enemy stays in a spot for a long time and they all talk.

In prison architect, guards take a break and go relax in a room. In rimworld, I think, you can put  colonists in manual control and send them to a comfortable room, full with sculptures to raise their moods. It is also a way to interact..

tylers2001

Quote from: john pretzel on December 31, 2014, 02:50:15 PM
Whenever colonists are around someone they chat. Check the baloons over their heads, and also its effect on their moods. You can force these dialogues placing colonists together for a whil too. Also, sieges are a good example of interaction, because the enemy stays in a spot for a long time and they all talk.

In prison architect, guards take a break and go relax in a room. In rimworld, I think, you can put  colonists in manual control and send them to a comfortable room, full with sculptures to raise their moods. It is also a way to interact..
I understand what you are saying and that is very good but i was thinking something such as if someone has a good relation with someone else and they are near them they both work faster if your friend dies you will have a debuf for a while depending on what you relationship was like. Friends= 4 Days l Best Friends= 8 Days l Brotherly 12 Days l Forever Friends 20 Days Although if you don't like someone and they die you just don't care but if they were friends with one of your friends you get about a 3 day debuf. The friendship "status" will rise the longer they are together but people who are abrasive will obviously take longer to make friends and will also have a larger chance of saying some thing offensive and losing some friendship status. If someones social skill is high they make friends faster as well.Also if anyone gets the chance to relay this to a modder please do because alot of my friends would love to see this mod.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

PapaDookie

you might be interested in a current mod that is being expanded by the creator of it.link follows

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7112