(solved) Black screen for PC version

Started by mikebrown, January 01, 2015, 02:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikebrown

Hey Guys I recently purchased this game after watching countless hours of youtubers and twitch steams. Im sad to say that after 2 hours of trying to get my game to work, I wasted 4 downloads and still have yet any luck on getting the game to work. All I get when I start the game up is a Black screen, no sound no nothing just my mouse icon and darkness. Anyone out there know a fix? Id love to play asap But right now I really feel like I just got took for 30 bucks to watch a black screen. HELP ASAP. feel free to email me also.

Thank you  ;D

EDIT By ItchyFlea: Marking as solved as per 3rd post from bottom.

XxMSWShadowxX

Can i ask what your system specs are? what OS you use? architecture? drivers? etc... would be crucial to help troubleshoot the problem.
Virtus, honor, victoria, qualis fides magnatorum effodit.

mikebrown

I am using Windows 8.1 64bit

ACPI x64-based PC
AMD fx 8320 8 core
AMD Radeon R7 200
Have a crap ton of memory so no issue there
DirectX 11
Display mode: 1360 x 768 (if it matters)

Not to sure what other information you'll need.

RawCode

provide logfile, you can find it inside _Data subfolder inside game's folder with name output_log

mikebrown

Quote from: RawCode on January 02, 2015, 02:45:02 AM
provide logfile, you can find it inside _Data subfolder inside game's folder with name output_log

Initialize engine version: 4.5.5f1 (7684ad0c5a44)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1247]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     2023 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Users\mike\Desktop\RimWorld671Win\RimWorld671Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\mike\Desktop\RimWorld671Win\RimWorld671Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.151 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 640x480 60Hz; virtual: 640x480 at 0,0
The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 1633)

A script behaviour has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 24 bytes but expected 28 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

(Filename:  Line: 1170)

Haplo

Do you have Hamachi installed? That is often a cause of the black screen.
Also try to wait a bit. On some computers it needs up to 2min to properly load.

mikebrown

nope no Hamachi. and ill load it up and wait a half hour and see whats up.

Kentin

Same problem here , i bought it 3 days ago and i played it 2 times , after that , when i select my colonie , it just gives a black screen.

mikebrown

Quote from: Kentin on January 03, 2015, 12:45:49 PM
Same problem here , i bought it 3 days ago and i played it 2 times , after that , when i select my colonie , it just gives a black screen.

You on windows 8.1 also? I haven't even gotten passed the black screen. but omfg I wana play soooo bad, im addicted and I haven't even played a single second yet haha. its so frustrating cuz I work 12 hour shifts so I cant really be on forums and google looking for solutions

Scotty

Might be due to resolution.
try and set your resolution to reccomended for your machine and see if that has any effect

mikebrown

Quote from: Scotty on January 03, 2015, 03:25:09 PM

Might be due to resolution.
try and set your resolution to reccomended for your machine and see if that has any effect

Did not work. tried a few different resolutions, no dice.

someone please post some info or fixes today, this is my only day off for the next 6 days

Haplo

Try to extract the zip file to a simpler path, like d:/rimworld
Make sure you extract everything from the zip in there and that the sub folders from the zip are also extracted.
The resolution should be higher than 1024x768 or something. Lower can cause the game to crash/malfunction.
Still black screen? Check the sticky forum entries. Maybe there's something you haven't tried yet in there..
Good luck :)

mikebrown

Quote from: Haplo on January 04, 2015, 08:01:17 PM
Try to extract the zip file to a simpler path, like d:/rimworld
Make sure you extract everything from the zip in there and that the sub folders from the zip are also extracted.
The resolution should be higher than 1024x768 or something. Lower can cause the game to crash/malfunction.
Still black screen? Check the sticky forum entries. Maybe there's something you haven't tried yet in there..
Good luck :)

OMFG I F***ING LOVE YOUR FACE FOREVER!! YOU ARE MY HOLY GOD AND SAVIOUR!! ;D ;D ;D

Thank you so much! What a dump moment on my part, I always extracted to my desktop then moved the folder from there to the C drive..... obviously that would work.. duuhhhh.

Thanks Again, I know more ppl are having the same issue. Hopefully this post will assisnt in others being able to fix the issue. Time to actually play instead of watch all 55 play through vids from foxador. lol

StatikMilk30

I did the same thing that you said to do and it worked, but every time I try to pin it to my task bar or put it on my desktop it fucks up again and goes back to black screen.

Kentin

I had the "black screen problem" a few days ago , but i just loaded a different safe-file and after that , i had no problems at all.