[quation]Is there a vision document?

Started by Kinakin, January 02, 2015, 05:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinakin

Does the game have public vision document? With features and such that the dev hooes to include in the finished game?

And if so where can I find it?
Im just really curious as to direction of the game and whatnot.

Coenmcj

The change log is a good place to see what's currently being worked on and iirc there was a page on the kick starter? That mentioned future features.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Kinakin

I guess what  was hoping for was more of a list of more spesific features. But i guess thats the closest I can get. Well I am still exited for whats on the horizon. And damn curious.

JonoRig

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/955/032/03d82b80aadc4703b3264a87f643293b_large.png?1380126478

This is the original "ideas" page from the kickstarter, some of this has already been implemented to some extent, others have already been removed, but it's just a general idea of what Ty thought up when he had the kickstrter for it going

It is in no way, shape or form a promise of what is to come though, so keep that in mind. Ty doesn't like roadmaps, incase stuff changes, and then people get upset when features x, y or z are no longer being developed

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

REMworlder

Here are also the official setting docs that answer some questions about aliens, faster than light travel, etc:

Rimworld Universe Quick Primer
Longsleep Revival Briefing

milon

In addition to what others have posted, Tynan (the dev) has stated that he doesn't want to get locked into anything as far as features/systems go.  He would rather be flexible and implement ideas as they come, and throw out whatever doesn't work.  You can see how a "roadmap" doesn't really work for this model.  It's an innovative approach that gives Ludeon Studios much more flexibility than large studios.

amul

Religion and Void Gods sound f'ing awesome and something truly unique to the genre! WANT.