[W|0.8.657] Colonist Operation Bills

Started by greenelite, January 01, 2015, 04:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenelite

Version Found - 0.8.657 rev38318

Title - Non-pathing squares disable colonist medical operations.

Summary - On a whim, I thought that it would be aesthetic for my colonists to provide potted plants at the head-rests of my medical beds. However, due to the location of these potted plants, Operation Bills to install augmentations to colonists do not appear. Colonists that have the Doctor task enabled do not have the right-click option to prioritize installing the augmentations, however, feeding and normal healing of colonists can still be prioritized. This also prevents the AI from telling the Doctor to perform the augmentation without player input.

Tests were performed with normal, royal, and medical beds. When plant pots were positioned on either side of the bed, at the pillow end, augmentations could not be performed. Royal beds do not appear to be affected, I presume, since they require a 2x2 space, instead of 1x2 (and there is an open space within the bed as the colonist rests in). I also adjusted the orientation of the bed, which provided no change. I further tested using wooden walls placed at the same locations as the plant pots, and there was no change.

Please let me know if there are other configurations that might be viable to test, as I found this immediately after New Year's Eve celebrations  ;)