[MOD](Alpha 8) Rimworld: What The Deuce - 1.3a - 22/01/2015

Started by leondrel, January 01, 2015, 10:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leondrel

Rimworld: What The Deuce

Description:
In a nutshell, this mod transforms all humanoid pawns into colonically active individuals that have the urge to go potty.
This mod at the moment only adds negative things, though it will cause Raiders to also have the need to do number 2's at the moment there isn't much benefit to it. I felt that once you've got a strong kill box setup, constant food supplies, there isn't much else that could defeat your colony, now there is.
This is my first real attempt at anything substantial in C# and so far it's been a pretty sweet adventure. Really have to give props to Tynan for some awesomely written code.

Current Features
Buildings - Currently a long drop and a toilet, now with added graphics!
Jobs - System is based on the food/rest system, the Pawns have various levels of poo-ness and respond as they can.
Thoughts - Various poo related thoughts, as I couldn't edit the UI without a heap of messing about I gave access to the Pawn's "poo level" via thoughts, plus I like to use EdB Interface and would have to have made that incompatible as well.
Soiled Pants - Hacked up a system that, should your Pawn manage to poo themselves, their pants will become soiled and give a negative thought, soiled pants can be taken off or now washed in the washing machine.
Washing Machine - a bill giving machine that can turn your soiled gear back into more comfortable (though not as warm) kit. (Note, warmth of soiled pants is not yet implemented)
Intestines - Connected to the Digestion activity.
Digestion - Determines how fast poo is made and is linked to hunger levels during illness
Diseases - Viral gastroenteritis, giardiasis, cholera, polio, hepatitis A and hepatitis E, all with various incubation times
Soiled Foods - Either by pooing on/near food or via an event, food can be soiled but it's hard to tell which food
Item - For now poo can be collected from toilets and stored as you wish

Change Log 1.3a
-Fixed the "Soiled clothing crashes game on load" bug reported by ItchyFlea
-Fixed the "Washing machine NullRef with bills in it" bug reported by ItchyFlea
-Fixed the "Colonists soil themselves in less than 6 hours game time" reported by ItchyFlea
-Changed the way soiled apparel is created and cleaned, should let power armor stay the same color now
-The mod will now dynamically update it's own XML def files, which is the first two fixes above. This enables the mod to accept all modded clothing and update itself as new clothing is encountered, it will however cause errors if a mod is removed later, this mod just needs to be deleted and extracted again to reset the def files.

Change Log 1.3
-Added poo as an item that can be hauled
-Added toilet cleaning jobs to get the poo item, this job is automatic, not bill based, works similar to other cleaning jobs
-Started to look into further expansions of the poo resource, various assets/XML are added but not yet functional
-Sorry, no "someone saw me poo" thoughts yet, should be arriving with 1.4 along with other goodies...

Change Log 1.2a
-Fixed toilet use issue, properly using the reservation system now
-Cleaned up some of the toilet finding code
-Fixed up a possible issue on creation of soiled food

Change Log 1.2
-Added the Digestion activity to assist in calculating how often poo comes
-Changed the way poo fullness is calculated, now linked with food and the new digestion activity, which is linked to the stomach and intestines
-Colonist hunger is now also linked to the Digestion activity, certain diseases lower Digestion efficiency which causes the colonist to get hungry faster
-Added the ability for food stuffs to be contaminated, eating contaminated food has a chance to cause one of the diseases below
-Contaminated food doesn't obviously show you that it's contaminated, a small negative thought occurs to the pawn eating it however
-Contaminated food can contaminate other foods nearby if they're both indoors in the same room
-Added 6 diseases, viral gastroenteritis, giardiasis, cholera, polio, hep A and hep E
   Gastro - severity increases rapidly, not fatal, immunity gained in ~3 days
   Giardiasis - severity increases slower than gastro, not fatal, no immunity, will pass in 5 days
   Cholera - severity increases very rapidly, will kill in 2 days without medical aid, heals on it's own after 4 days
   Polio - slow disease, not fatal, immunity gained in ~16 days, affects many parts of the body, sets the stage for lasting paralysis
   Hep A and E - both slow diseases, non fatal, immunity gained in ~13 days, liver/blood filtration mostly hit, can cause chronic hepatitis later
-The diseases all have different incubation times and it's impossible to tell if someone has an incubating disease
-Added 7 incidents, large and small gastro and cholera outbreaks, a food contamination event as well as post-polio syndrome and chronic hepatitis

Change Log 1.1
-Re-wrote the SoiledApparel class to duplicate stats of the original Apparel, it now also dynamically creates recipes for the washing machine as different soiled items appear, should hopefully work with mods that add gear that cover legs.
-Washing machine - In the production menu, now you can wash your soiled pants/tribal wear/power armor, I've tested with these and it seems to work, though it appears power armor gets a random color on spawn as it's not made of Stuff, unsure how to overwrite it yet.

-New workgivers/jobdrivers for the washing machine, the DoBill classes really want to have Stuff in the ingredients, all my washed clothes were turning into dearskin, lol
-Split off the ThinkNode_SatisfyNeeds class from my own for easier compatibility
-The Latrine has a texture!
-Negative thoughts for wearing soiled clothes is now working more or less as intended

Future Plans
Events - Only a couple of ideas so far, but would likely be related to the toilets and diseases
Smell - If it's even possible, might see if the stank from your toilets can affect mood and spread indoors, even ward off invaders
Thoughts - More of them, mostly relating to using the toilet, but possibly connected to seeing/smell poo
Item - An actual poo item to be used in processing at the packer
Buildings:

• Fudge Packer, to compress the poo - Partial XML done, graphic.. done, no real use as yet so not included
  • Septic tank, where poo naturally goes - not touched
  • Biowaste power/heating, put that packed poo to good use - not touched
  • Poo tubes, to transport the poo - some coding done, deciding to use a general PowerNet feature like electricity does, or a more flow based system.

Compatibility Issues
This mod uses a subclass of Verse.Pawn and so it is incompatible with any mod that also does the same, ie Enhanced Defense: Phoenix Edition's Personal Shield module, though as I do enjoy that mod I just might see if a compatibility patch can be whipped up.
I haven't tried them together yet though I suspect when creating one of the shielded pawns you will remove the pawn's poo capabilities, or it may explode.

Other Known Issues
Power armor gets a random color after being soiled and after being washed.
Recruiting the pawn doing the washing or changing their job will instantly cause clean clothes to pop out, bypassing the washing time.
Any other issues or incompatibilities please let me know.

Screenshots
More screenshots are at Moddb

Author/Mod Team
leondrel

Download
Rimworld: What The Deuce 1.3a
Mod is small so it'll always be attached to this post.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

[attachment deleted due to age]

ZozZ

Loki88

I have to try this out at some point, it made me laugh :P

Turtle Medic

Your moddb download is nonfunctional at the moment

also I would be very interested in an about section that explains why you spent time with c# for this.

MrOlder

And Leondrel makes a "dirty" return with a "dripping" overtake. Its quite jaw "dropping".
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)   Ain't no rest for the Wicked and the Weird Peeps.

Match

I honestly can say that while this mod doesn't deserve the first place, it does serve as a remarkable number two

palandus

Sounds interesting actually. With all the survival changes Tynan has made I'm surprised that he nor anyone else didn't create a shit/pee mechanic. Oh well. Anywho, some suggestions:

Occasional events similar to how diseases work (where there is a % chance of it occurring each day) such as:
-> Diarrhea (the runs)
-> Constipation (all clogged up)
-> Silent, but Deadly farts

One-use items that could be consumed:
-> Laxatives (to help cure Constipation); alternatively gives someone the diarrhea that doesn't have it.
-> One-Use Adult Diapers to negate the pooped in pants effect if wearing one; no effect on already pooped in pants.

millenium

this mod with the pants free colony mod sounds interesting

Asero

Dragoon

please prioritize on finding a way to clean the pants otherwise I can't use this mod.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Grey_Mako

leondrel

Okay, so C# is nothing at all like Powershell...

Just realised that making something "equal" something means they're still the same thing, not a new object with the same properties... hhnngggg

First poopy accident turns all pants into soiled pants... HA!
It appears to be just in code, haven't play tested enough to see the effects, but it's definitely not good.

Next update will fix that, and hopefully a washing machine or something to clean pants if they're messed.

MaxtheINFINITE

If your happy and you know it sh*t your pants.
If your happy and you know it drop the pants on the floor cause they are full of sh*t   If you're smart and you know it don't sh*t the pants
If you're smart and you know it take the pants off fiiiiiiiiirst!
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

leondrel

Just updated the mod, fixed the issue with all pants becoming soiled as well as added a washing machine bill giver that can turn soiled gear back into it's original form, ready to be worn with pride.
Also the latrine has an awesome graphic courtesy of my Paint.NET skills

Chaplain

I just want to say when I heard about the crapping all the pants glitch I immediately thought of the line from the MST3K of Phantom Planet, "I just filled my pants, in fact, I think I just filled your pants too."

Also this mod needs the Poopie Suit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWKZ11toaXY